Modern Boho Wall Hanging

$15

I’ve been really loving neutral wood wall hangings, especially with a modern boho style. I decided to make one of my own, and this is what I came up with.

To start, I got two wood dowels one slightly larger than the other.

1. I attached string to both ends of the larger dowel. This will be what it hangs from.

2.I tied the string in double knots, and then put hot glue over the knot to make sure it didn’t come undone.

3.Once the glue dried I trimmed the excess string.

4.Next I tied the smaller dowel to hang about 1” down.

5.I marked my dowel, starting from the center, where each string would be tied.

6.Then I measured out my 4 strings and used a tape measure to try and make sure the gaps between each layer would be fairly even.

7.I then tied one end of each string to the dowel.

8.Starting from the center string I started stringing the wooden balls.

I used 1/2” and 1” balls.

9.I did an alternating pattern with both sizes, and made sure to glue each double knot to help them hold.

9.I decided to add faux greenery-atatching it using floral wire.

If you may want to change out the greenery i.e. use a pine branch for Christmas, or leaves for fall etc. just use floral wire.

I don’t plant to change out my greenery, so I also used hot glue to hold the wire/greens in place.

• Gia

I am re-doing a real wood floor, how do I get paint (old paint) off of it and I want to sand down and varnish?

• Lee Deal

We used a paint scraper on ours. Be really careful not to gouge into the wood though, you will see it after you refinish it. We only had splats of paint though. If it is an entirely painted floor you could use a low odor paint stripper, for the doors we used one called "Citrustrip". The paint came off the doors in very large pieces and the wood under the paint came out needing just a little paint, but that was solid wood and not planks so I can't predict how that would look.

Below are our before after using beeswax wood food on our floor, we wanted to keep a "beach cottage" look so we didn't use polyurethane or anything like that to seal the floor, they do have to have a new application each year though.

• Playoffgirl

Love this project. A great project for a weekend afternoon. Adds texture and movement to space. Trying to think where I could add in my space.

• Liz Weiss

Perfect. Matches my chandelier and side table lamps.