Debi Willhoite
Debi Willhoite
  • Mount Dora, FL

Ballard Designs Demijohn Knock Off

$0.00

Something I had wanted to try to do for a couple of months now, and I finally did it!
(Update) The diy tutorial is finally finished for these bottles, and you can find it at the end of the post on my blog at the link below. Thank you for your interest!
home decor wine bottle rope beachy ballard designs knockoff, crafts, repurposing upcycling
I love recycling bottles- no idea why but there are many things you can do with them and uses for them too. These are going to be used in my beachy decor, with the hope of having a beach cottage home soon! I didn't have any real type demijohn bottles, which is just a large wine jug with a slender neck. I got the slender neck bottles and a couple of them are wine bottles so this works for me! I had everything on hand so there was no cost to me except a bag of play sand that I bought to photograph the bottles with to get a beachy look. I got some fun pretties by saving my trash! Hubby says the word is, "hoarder!" I say, "he should be thankful I am!"
The beginning!
This was my inspiration from Ballard Designs.
Twine, modge podge, glue gun, glue sticks, bottles, scissors, corks, a little beachy floral, sand, a lot of reseach on knots only to find it's just like macrame and wala! I love love sparkly bling so I had to add a touch of it on my bottles. I think it gives them much more pizzzaazzz!
The largest bottle.
The middle size bottle.
The smallest bottle. (made me think of the story of the, "Three Little Bears" lol, my three bottles turned out just right for me!)
Doing all three was a bit time consuming and I am so not good with long projects! My mind starts going ninty to nothing with ideas as I am working, and I got side tracked a couple of times and did another beachy project with the knotted twine netting and Christmas balls. And....several more ideas yet to work with! My mind just won't shut up!
This was really fun and I love my new be achy decor, and I like my bottles way better than Ballard Designs! Which by the way would have cost me a fortune had I bought theirs! All mine cost was my time! It pays to save the trash- you never know what will inspire you!
More on the blog! Oh and a tutorial coming soon by several requests! I aim to please when I can!

Debi Willhoite