Candy Bucket Pumpkin Recycle

$3

I love when I can recycle something and create a fun new project. This candy pumpkin was left over from my daughter's trick or treating days, so I decided to have a go at giving it a new look and I ended up with some new pumpkins for my (dare I say farmhouse?) decor! I used an old sweater for this one!

Pretty sure everyone had something like this growing up! Instead of sending it off to the landfill, why not use it for this cute project?

First things first, give a coat of white paint.

Then it was time to fit the sweater to the pumpkin. I cut it to size, and left a bit of extra fabric to be glued to the inside of the pumpkin. Once that was done, I flipped it over.

I tucked the fabric under the bottom side of the pumpkin.

Using my hole saw bit...

Cut a perfect circle in the center, and I glued the sweater into to hole.

Nice and tight, it's perfect!

It looks clean and finished. I then added a tree branch to the top, but you can also use cinnamon sticks. Just stick the branch into the hole.

I then pushed in some faux succulents as well to add that extra charm.

I added it to my sideboard, and I just love it! You can do the same thing with the foam pumpkins fromthe dollar store. ( See my tutorial for foam pumpkins here!)

See more on my Facebook page- Gilbert Marketplace

30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th

• Cara
    Cara

So when you're done, the open "top" is actually on the bottom?

And what part of the sweater did you find works best- the sleeve?

• Shelly L Nemeth
      Shelly L Nemeth

Yes top ends up being bottom and the sleeves work great for smaller the body is better for larger

• Susie
    Susie

Why paint it if you're covering it up?

• Maureen
    Maureen

Absolutely beautiful 🎃. I also think this is one of the most stunning plastic pumpkin makeover that I have ever seen.

Thank you for sharing ❤️

• Flipturn
    Flipturn

Your attractive black and white display is classy enough to be in magazine such as BH&G.