How can I organize sweaters in limited storage space?

Deb KOlivaNaomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CA
+2

I have minimal space lots of sweaters.

• FrugalFamilyTimes.com

You can pick up an affordable storage option: it’s a cloth hanging rack with 8 or so “shelves”. It hangs on a closet bar. I’ve had one for a decade or more and paid about $10 for it. It holds so many sweaters!

• Emily

Make sure you maximize all the wall space in your closets. Think of using space in rooms that aren't already full. Use space under beds. Even attics and cellars if dampness is not a concern.

• Mine are all stored in boxes in my closet. I have 9 Xerox paper sized boxes just for sweater storage. Under bed boxes are an option too.

• Oliva

If any of your sweaters are wool, make sure they are cleaned before storing, and that they have breathing room. Wool sweaters can be folded as seen in department stores and placed in alternating positions in a deeper drawer, but remember to rotate them, occasionally and place cedar or lavender sachets in the drawers to preclude moth damage.

• Deb K

Hi Susann, I am still in love with cube storage, you can use them with or without the containers, they stack and look neat! And they can be stacked!