How can I make storage space after removing dishwasher?

+11
I want to remove a dishwasher I do not use, but I can not find a cabinet to match the ones in my kitchen. Do you have any Ideas about what I can do. the cabinets were put in by Loews I really need storage space. Thank you!!!
  • Ulrike Crawford Ulrike Crawford on Jan 14, 2017
    i would love to know that too , mine is broke and wouldn't use one anyway so it would be great for extra storage, anybody got any ideas
    thanks

• Hillela G. Hillela G. on Jan 15, 2017
    I'd say your best bet would be to buy a cabinet that works for your space and then you can always paint it and decorate it to match the your kitchen's style!

• Jean Thompson Jean Thompson on Jan 15, 2017
    I would just put open shelves in that spot that way you could put bigger pans in there or what ever you want.. you could put stuff you don't use toward the back and use Storage bins or Baskets at the front of the Shelves.. Decorative Storage baskets or bins come in all different finishes - wire Baskets, Oak Baskets, Fabric or canvas Baskets etc... or storage like Old Tins with lids, Wood Trays or Boxes..etc. Get a Friend to build you as shelf unit out of Plywood that would just slide into that space and just paint the edges Black or a shade of paint that would be close to your Cabinet color.. You can paint the whole unit ....

• Bobbie Bobbie on Jan 15, 2017
    Good idea thank you Hillela

• Jane Jane on Jan 17, 2017
    have a a shelf 1/2 as deep as cupboard then you can put stuff on shelf plus double the depth down below.

• Toc15434384 Toc15434384 on Jan 18, 2017
    If possible a cart measure open space this way you can pull cart out perhaps ?

• Judy Judy on Jan 23, 2017
    I would use plastic milk cartons, until you truly are comfortable with a discussion. Don't make a fast choice, for you may be sorry. This is my idea.

• Judy Judy on Jan 23, 2017
    One more thought .. only put the cases on top that you use the most, then as you go down, use the least used on the bottom. You can get the cases in diff colors, as well, or you can use contact paper, or some wrapping paper., this way, you can change the colors, as you desire.

• Mke15639454 Mke15639454 on Jan 25, 2017
    If it's a front loader dishwasher, you could use the racks inside to store items or large pots/pans not used very often. Then too you wouldn't have to fill the empty space a removed dishwasher created.

• Gon15135216 Gon15135216 on Jan 26, 2017

I had a similar area when I had the trash compactor pulled
    out when I moved in. I had a deep shelf book case built. It slid right in and
    was then painted to match the cabinets. Looks like it was made that way. It is deep so there is storage in the back and then I have matching baskets in front for kitchen linens and such.

• Eroque022810 Eroque022810 on Jan 26, 2017
    Gonzo I agree and since it is large area have wheels put on it and make it do double duty have top made so it can be used as a cart for counter space.

• Misti Misti on Apr 11, 2019

I put a double trash can cabinet in! I love it. Hides the trash bin perfectly.