Asked on Nov 11, 2019

How do I get rid of German roaches?

Kathy Gunter LawLifestyles HomesDianacirce70
+4

• Nan W.

Pam: Clean, clean and then clean some more.

Leave NO open boxes of cereal, packages of cookies, chips etc out in the pantry or on counter. I bought large sealable plastic containers for all items like this. Items like dry pasta can even be stored in the refrigerator. (I have a stack of them in a plastic bin.)

Do dishes after each meal and then clean sink. No dirty dishes in the sink overnight!

No crumbs on floor! No dog or cat food left out!

Basically, think like a roach! (LOL - what looks tasty?). ...it takes a bit of effort --- but the rewards are even better!

• Johnavallance82

Hi Pam,

Put them on the next plane back home! Only fun!!!! Call in the terminator or rather exterminator! Don't leave any food or crumbs around for them to feed on, and make the place unfavourable for them to want to stay. Clean - Clean - Clean............

• Dianacirce70

This is the product that we had good luck with. They were gone in a short amount of time and have never come back

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00730QW70/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_duzYDbVYHMB1D

• Lifestyles Homes

You can try bug bombing the house every 3 days for12 days and throw away the vacuum bags after vacuuming every three days. This is to break the cycle of any hatching eggs. If you can find a bug bomb that has permethrin in it, that would be the best.

To bug bomb the house it takes a lot of prep work, of which I can explain in detail, if you want.

And of course people, pets & plants have to be gone for 3 hours.

• Kathy Gunter Law

I had a problem on my porch and used Sevin granules. They don't look great but it got rid of them.

I've used boric acid and diatomaceous earth for pest control as well.