Pink French Provincial Dresser

$50

This dresser has been in my families for years. This was my great gramma a dresser, and it was handed down to my cousin (whose practically my sister). We both had kids around the same time! And she had a boy and I had a girl so she gave it to my daughter, until she had a daughter of her own. We both agreed a soft pink were be perfect for it. And we were RIGHT!

This is the dresser before! (After some drawers were taken out.)

This dresser is true vintage! It definitely was needing re finished. The old paint was chipping and peeling off. Thankfully when painting the whole piece you just need to sand until the spots are flush with the rest and not strip the entire thing. 👌 but look and the quality of wood under the paint!! For being so old the wood is in excellent shape!

Before of the drawers

After a coat of the drawers. I used a foam roller for the first coat on everything. Than hand painted the rest.

I love using country chics oval brushes!

Late night painting sesh.

Frame completed :)

1. wash the entire piece. I used varasol to wipe down after I sanded it flush.
  2. primed in country chic clear bonding primer!
  3. let dry and apply paint! 3-4 coats and sand in between with 220 sand grit for extra smooth finish.
  4. once paint is done wash and clean the handles, than spray them with a top coat.
  5. assemble the dresser and apply finishing top coat. I used poly acrylic miniwax water based satin. X2 coats
  • I used a foam roller for the first coat on everything than hand painted the rest you can do either or, or both even!

These are the original handles! The paint was chipping off so I soaked them in baking soda and vinegar and scrubbed them clean.

Then I coated them So they would stop chipping! I personally love the warn look on the handles!

this dresser is refinished in Country Chics Oh La La! A soft classy pink.

• Cindy Phillips

Do you have this on video or any more details on it I have the same dresser although it’s a long one and I would love to redo it it was my grandmothers I am 57 years old so it’s very old and I’ve kept it I really wanna try this