Asked on Dec 14, 2019

How do I clean dog urine out of carpets?

Simple Nature DecorLauren of Mom Home GuideChloe Crabtree
+6

• Michelle Leslie

Hi Edna, here's a great tutorial that will help you get rid of the urine stain in your carpet - https://spotremoval.coit.com/how-to-remove-urine-from-carpet

• Carrie @ Curly Crafty Mom

There are some great urine removal sprays at Walmart, Target or even the grocery store. I usually pick one of those up and let it soak for 10 minutes and do it a couple of times to get it out.

• Pamela

Hi ! You need to get an enzyme cleaner , found at all let supply store and even some supermarkets . This type of cleaner " eats " natural substances like urine , feces & vomit , rather than mask the scent . Good luck !

• Peggy Burnette

Hi Edna, sorry you have dog urine on your carpet. Try to blot it up ASAP then use Woolite pet stain and odor remover with oxy. We have dogs and went to all hardwood. We also have a dog door with a fenced yard, dogs can come as go as they need to. Good luck.

• Cindy

Hi Edna. I'm Cindy. I recommend a product called "Woolite Rug and Upholstery Cleaner". It comes with a brush built in the top. A little goes a long way. Just spray it on the stain. It will foam up. Then scrub the stain with the built-in brush. My husband works for our school district and this what they use. I was very happy with results.

• Chloe Crabtree

Here is a tutorial for cleaning dog urine out of carpets: https://spotremoval.coit.com/how-to-remove-urine-from-carpet

• Lauren of Mom Home Guide

My family uses Nature’s Miracle on our dog’s pee first. We first take a paper towel and blot up the pee first. We then spray on the enzymatic cleaner, Nature’s Miracle, and let it sit 10 minutes and then I wipe it up with a paper towel. I have carpeting, so I follow up with a spray carpet cleaner according to its directions.

• Simple Nature Decor

Use household staple, vinegar. In a clean spray bottle, mix one cup of distilled white vinegar with one cup of water and 2 teaspoons of baking soda. Shake it up to mix the ingredients, and then spray on the stain. Let it sit for a few minutes, and then blot with towels until clean