Antique Window Made Into Antique Mirror

$20

Taking an old antique window and turning it into an antiqued mirror window frame . A terrific addition to your farmhouse decor. A twist on a vintage piece is all you need. Plus, this is easy to do. Let’s create your beautiful mirror hanging.

This is my Antique Mirrored window frame after it has dried outside.

Take any style antique window. The top one is the one I used for this project.

You need Window cleaner (mine is from a company called Brandless), painters tape, paper towels and Mirror effect spray.

Close up of all the supplies I used to make the antique mirror window frame.

after I have all my supplies gathered together I am ready to begin my project.

You will need to start with your frame facing downward so the back side is facing you. In other words make sure that the part that’s going to be seen on your wall is touching the ground.

This project needs to be done outdoors or in a well ventilated area.

Now you are ready to begin.

Put your painters tape on the frame areas that you do not want spray to touch. That is very important. You do not want mirror effect spray to get on the frame.

Now is the fun part....spraying the window cleaner. You have two options you can use spray or stream. I used spray in mine. I lightly pulled the trigger because I wanted some bigger drops as well as the smaller ones. You are doing this like doing a design piece. You want to scatter the sprays all over. This is easier than it may seem because it will turn out no matter how you spray.

Once you have your window spray on you will then lightly coat on top of it with mirror effect spray. You wait two minutes. (Try to do it when it is sunny)

Once two minutes is up dab the wet spots lightly with your paper towel. Do not rub or smear. Let dry for about 10 minutes. Then you will repeat with window spray. Wait two minutes and dab up the excess window spray. This time make sure to cover all areas with mirror effect spray. It will not adhere to the wet areas and that is the point. Now let it air dry for about 30 minutes or until completely dry.

Note: You can spray a clear coat of spray paint to give it added protection. Or for a more reflective look spray paint black matte on the mirror reflect side.

Hint: I did purchase two cans just in case but only used one for this mirror. It is best to keep that in mind when picking up your supplies.

My completed project hung up on my wall.

• Vickie Meinen

Which side is the "mirror reflect side" (for the black paint)??? Are you spraying the black over the already sprayed side? Or the bare glass side?