Jenga Wood Sign

$10

Hi, I'm Amber Oliver! I hope if you enjoy this project you'll also stop by my blog!
Remember that childhood game Jenga? Let's get creative and use the game pieces to make a decorative wood sign for your home!
If you're doing some spring cleaning and happen to have an old game laying around - pull out those pieces! If not you can buy this "tumbling block" game on Amazon for a few bucks!
Start gluing pieces together in 3 piece sections.
How many you need will depend on how large you'd like your wood sign. For mine, I made 8 sets of 3.
Once your sets of 3 are dry, you can start assembling your sign. Glue them together and make the sign wide enough to accommodate your word cutout. If you're doing a long word or last name, you'll need a bigger sign!
Once your sign is glued up, set it aside to dry. I used a quick drying adhesive so by the time I was done painting my wooden word cut out I was able to handle the sign. If you're using a a different glue, you many need to wait a little longer!Paint your words in the color of your choice. Set aside to dry.
Next up, paint your sign. Since I arranged my pieces in an alternating pattern, I decided to paint each "block" in alternating colors. This created a fun checkerboard pattern. You could obviously paint with whatever color you want here! Get colorful or go with a nice whitewash. You could even stain the pieces since they are made of wood! Allow ample time to dry before gluing your word cut out on top!
Once complete, I set my jenga sign up on my desk in my office. You have a few options here: you can set it like I did or add a hanger onto the back. This can be twine on either side to hang or you could add a hook so it can hang. The choice is yours!I hope this project inspires you to try turning Jenga pieces into something fun decorative for your home! If you enjoyed this project, please visit my other craft projects!

Amber Oliver

• Mary McDonald

You made the word ‘smile’ out of Jenga? Does not look like it

• Linda Harp

cute project but I have one question... why would anyone have unused Jenga blocks laying around ... lol???

• Carla

Cute idea! It's called Parquet, like the flooring

• Katen

Very nice. I’m inspired. Thanks for sharing