Installing a Peel & Stick Mural

$380

We wanted to give our guest room a makeover, but the room is small and pretty dark. It was hard to go colorful in that space! So, we decided to lean into the dark cozy vibes and make the place more like a retreat. I chose this forest wall paper to match the dark tones and the vibe we were going for. This wasn't a cheap mural, by the way, but it was one of the few I found that was tall enough to cover our nine foot ceilings and the image quality was excellent.
Before Picture!
How it came packaged
Unroll each panel and see which one is number 1. Since mine is a photograph it was important to go in order. They're very large so I rolled them out onto the dining room table where we had a lot of space.
For edges around door frames or windows I found that tracing the shape with the backing of another piece and then cutting similar to size was most helpful. ALWAYS cut bigger than you think you need since it may stretch into space, but a gap will be really sad!
I needed help doing this because I'm not tall enough to reach the ceiling!! Get a friend!
Each panel is then lined up and placed next to the last one
Pull the backing off as you go down. Press down with your tool, credit card, or squeegee, even just your hand will work and smooth all of the air bubbles out. Panels can be re positioned until it's right. We did a very small amount of overlap which make the image a little uneven in spaces, but overall allowed a lot of forgiveness in the positions.
So excited!
We took a break to eat some pie!
Trim off the tops! Remember you always want to start higher than you think you should because your walls are probably a little uneven!
Look at that beautiful wall!
And voila! Our room put back together. What do you think?!

• Sandra Ross Warren

Looks great, one question, Why not just remove that round thing you papered over? What is it?

• Roni Oneal
      22 minutes ago

Looks like a door knob stop. Very useful to avoid scarring or even putting a hole in the wall.

• Bek

Nice job! Good thing we don't know each other...I'd never want to leave! That room is just so peaceful and tranquil now!

Good job, papering the doorstop. Did you do electrical plates, as well?

• Patsy Wheeler

Where to buy kits

• Amanda

I bought this online at UrbanWalls.com. There are many online retailers.