DIY Driftwood Heart Wreath

$14

I've seen these cute driftwood heart wreaths on etsy and pinterest and thought they would make the perfect project for Valentine's Day.Here is how I did it.

Step 1, Purchase Driftwood...

I don't have my own personal collection of driftwood from the beaches where I live (I DO have endless shells), so I had to buy it from Hobby Lobby. I bought 4 bags. They were $3.49 each bag (it is even less expensive online). If you have a collection of driftwood, then use that instead!

Step 2, Cut out a Heart Shape...

I used cardboard and a knife to cut out a heart outline. I didn't care that it wasn't perfect since I would be covering it up with driftwood.

Step 3, Start arranging the driftwood...

Before I glued anything to the cardboard I separated the pieces of wood by size into piles. Then I began to arrange them on the cardboard so I could get a basic idea of how it would look. Once I was satisfied, I began gluing them to the cardboard. You do end up rearranging a bit as you glue. I continued to glue pieces until I liked the way it looked. Be sure you have a lot of glue sticks on hand because you use a LOT of them.

Step 4, Hang and Enjoy...

I glued a piece of twine rope to the back to hang it up, then put it on our front screen door.

The House house