DIY Sea Glass Heart

$10

This project is very easy and pretty self explanatory, but I will tell ya the steps I took to make it anyway.I found a bunch of leftover sea glass in my craft bin from when I made this Sea Glass Wave a few years ago and figured I better use it up. What better project to use it on than this one. I bought the heart from the Dollar Tree and also picked up some glue sticks while I was there.

Step 1 in making a Sea Glass Heart:

The first step in making your DIY Sea Glass Heart is to dump out all the Sea Glass and arrange it by color. If you have your own collection of sea glass, feel free to use that. I do not have my own collection so I bought these. The sea glass I had, had blue, purple and yellow in the boxes. I only planned on using the blue so I put those in a pile and the rest back in the craft bin. I also had left over Mosaic Shell Tile I bought from Michaels. They aren’t really ‘sea glass’ but I used them anyway and I’m glad I did. The colors are gorgeous!

Step 2 in making a Sea Glass Heart:

Start playing around with some designs. This step takes a while. It is like doing a puzzle fitting each piece in the shape and finding the right pieces to fit nicely with each other.

Step 3 in making a Sea Glass Heart: 

Once you are ready and satisfied with the arrangement, heat up the glue gun and start gluing. This is where it gets tricky. Once you start to glue, you end up rearranging the sea glass. It takes a long time to get them right. Be patient. I found walking away from it and taking a break every now and then helped me to get it done. I also took a picture of it before I glued them down so I could refer back. I used my glue gun and 3 sticks of glue for this project. It took about an hour and a 1/2 to finish.And, viola, here is the final product! Isn’t it purrrrty?

The House house