Sponge Painting a Wall

$0

If you saw my previous post, we installed board and batten in our bathroom. I was contemplating putting up wall paper above it. However, I knew it was a tedious process and could be difficult to remove. I found this idea to do sponge paint, and decided to do it above the board and batten in our bathroom. It was super easy. It took less than an hour and it didn't really cost anything since we already had a sponge and had paint. I cut the corners of the sponge so it wouldn't be super square. I found some Sherwin Williams Eider White paint we had left over from painting out kitchen cabinets and our paint tray. I covered the paint tray with a grocery bag and poured the pain into it. I then used the sponge to sponge the paint across the walls. Check out the pictures and videos below.

Our paint tray has a lot of residue.

So, we covered it with a grocery bag and poured some paint in. The wall I was working on was small, so I didn't pour much.

This is how you cut the sponge.

It should look like this when you’re done cutting each corner.

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

I just eyeballed where to put the sponge, but you could mark it with a measuring tape or ruler if you needed to. I did an inch apart.

Watch the makeover in action. It took under an hour to do in total.

After

• Carole gerst

My question is I am putting this kind of material up first on my window (privacy ) does it work? ) Along with an outer curtain I think it will look beautiful since I'm going gray on White with tan undertones along with a collective old board headboard I'm going shabby chic

• Linda Sikut

Carole,

You asked this question on a project page. That's why you haven't gotten an answer. This page is all about the painting technique project. The place to ask is at the top right of the page (on a computer) where it says "Ask Question". You should get more responses there because it's for questions about other projects.

• Colleen

Love the dark wall. What paint and color is it

• Steffi Wood

Dark Wall is Benjamin Moore Hale navy, the two light colors are eider white and on the rocks.

• Pat

Beautiful !!! Very professionally done.

• Jo

Love this. Can work with mid century style also!!

• Debbie

We're planning on doing something similar in our bathroom, but probably not as high up with the wood though.

It looks great!!!