Sponge Painting a Wall

$0

If you saw my previous post, we installed board and batten in our bathroom. I was contemplating putting up wall paper above it. However, I knew it was a tedious process and could be difficult to remove. I found this idea to do sponge paint, and decided to do it above the board and batten in our bathroom. It was super easy. It took less than an hour and it didn't really cost anything since we already had a sponge and had paint. I cut the corners of the sponge so it wouldn't be super square. I found some Sherwin Williams Eider White paint we had left over from painting out kitchen cabinets and our paint tray. I covered the paint tray with a grocery bag and poured the pain into it. I then used the sponge to sponge the paint across the walls. Check out the pictures and videos below.

Our paint tray has a lot of residue.

So, we covered it with a grocery bag and poured some paint in. The wall I was working on was small, so I didn't pour much.

This is how you cut the sponge.

It should look like this when you’re done cutting each corner.

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

I just eyeballed where to put the sponge, but you could mark it with a measuring tape or ruler if you needed to. I did an inch apart.

Watch the makeover in action. It took under an hour to do in total.

After

15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers

• Colleen
    Colleen

Love the dark wall. What paint and color is it

• Steffi Wood
      Steffi Wood

Dark Wall is Benjamin Moore Hale navy, the two light colors are eider white and on the rocks.

• Pat
    Pat

Beautiful !!! Very professionally done.

• Teresa Ann Ford
    Teresa Ann Ford

Nice

it looks great

whats the rationale for the garbage bag

just curious

• Rhonda S
      Rhonda S

When you fail to get paint out of the tray when it is still wet, it dries stuck on. The next time you use the tray the old paint can work loose and get chunks and flakes in the brush or roller, globbing up the new paint job. This makes clean up easier, but also protects the new paint from old paint mishaps.