Asked on Feb 18, 2020

How can I find out how much a vintage teetertot is worth?

Lifestyles HomesDeePamela
+8

Hello I have a vintage teetertot from the 1950s I was fortunate a lot to get it from a garage sale. I have looked into it myself on the internet but I have seen some from $40 to $400 so I just wanted to know if somebody could help me tell me how much mine is worth?

• Vimarhonor

Hello. Have you considered a free trial at worthpoint? That might give you the best estimation.

https://www.worthpoint.com/

• Johnavallance82

Hello Melissa,

It depends on what someone is prepared to pay for it! Sadly the secondhand market is not in a good place at the moment as many folk don't have the cash to splash! Sorry................

• Cynthia H

I think it would depend on the market and the condition it's in. Antique furniture doesn't seem to have the market it used to, at least where I live. Vintage toys still seem to be collectable. If you need a value to sell or insure it, get a professional appraisal. If it is for your own decor or collection, enjoy it!

• Gk

This is an item that will have a limited market. Very few people would be interested in buying this. Not saying that it's not ADORABLE because it is! It looks to be in very good shape. It depends on where you live as to what you might be able to get for it. I don't know what you paid for it when you bought it at a rummage sale but you may be able to double, triple, or even quadruple the price you paid. Things like this sell well at flea markets or if you know anyone in your area who owns an antiques/secondhand store who would be willing to buy it from you. I pick up things here and there and resell at flea markets and craft shows. I always feel great if I can double or triple what I paid for something especially if I don't have to put any work into it.

• Linda Sikut

Hi Melissa,

The best thing to do is to look for a collectibles dealer - possibly in your area. Or look online for a collectibles website that has a discussion board where people can ask for help. The purpose of Hometalk is the Do It Yourself (DIY) market. Most of us answering questions are people who do DIY projects but aren't collectible experts. It's my understanding that in general, in order to be called an antique it must be 100 years old. What you have is an adorable vintage piece. I just think you'd find more help from someone who specializes in that field. Wishing you the best.

• Cheryl A

We do not have any ideas how to give you value for your item. I would google the info and see what comes up or else take it to an antique dealer.

• J Brown

You might search ETSY for a march of similar item

• Pamela

Hi ! First I would turn it all around and look for any markings , company name , or model # . Then I would look on EBay and try to find it there. You can go buy how much they are asking , look to see ones that have been sold , and see what they got for it . Do this with more than one to get an average . If you can find it there , check on ETSY or just do a Google search then hit images and look through there to see if you can find a match , it might have a name or year , to help in your research . Good luck !!!

• Dee

There is an appraisal tool on EBAY

and you can also look it up on https://www.whatsitworth.net/cse/#.Xk7bqDJKiUk

• Lifestyles Homes

Yes it’s all about any reputable markings in the bottom & “what the (fickle) market will bare”.

This isn’t the best forum for free appraisals.

Good luck.