Beautiful Butterfly Shadow Box

$10

I found a couple frames at the craft store a while ago and finally figured out a perfect way to use one! I had the idea to make paper butterflies and add them to a wreath, but ended up using them for this project and I love how it turned out. If you have a shadow box, you can use that and skip the first few steps of this project.

I cut a piece of foamboard to fit inside my frame. This frame was about 2" deep, so it was perfect for this project. When the backing was added to my frame, I added a generous amount of Mod Podge.

Press faux moss onto the Mod Podge.

When the entire back is covered, set aside to dry.

Print out the butterflies printable on cardstock (you can download it on my blog) and cut out. Use glitter or metallic paint to decorate the wings only.

Something really cool happens when you paint the wings and not the body. The wings start to curl and take shape like real butterfly wings.

When the wings are dry, add a drop of hot glue to the back of the body and press onto the moss.

Add butterflies to your hearts desire and you have a new, beautiful piece of home décor... perfect for spring & summer. Of course, if you don't want to make your own butterflies, you can buy some at the craft store.

I love how this turned out... so fun & colorful!

If you enjoy my projects, I would love your support on Instagram. Happy crafting friends!

Holly Lengner - Lost Mom