Beautiful Butterfly Shadow Box

$10

I found a couple frames at the craft store a while ago and finally figured out a perfect way to use one! I had the idea to make paper butterflies and add them to a wreath, but ended up using them for this project and I love how it turned out. If you have a shadow box, you can use that and skip the first few steps of this project.

I cut a piece of foamboard to fit inside my frame. This frame was about 2" deep, so it was perfect for this project. When the backing was added to my frame, I added a generous amount of Mod Podge.

Press faux moss onto the Mod Podge.

When the entire back is covered, set aside to dry.

Print out the butterflies printable on cardstock (you can download it on my blog) and cut out. Use glitter or metallic paint to decorate the wings only.

Something really cool happens when you paint the wings and not the body. The wings start to curl and take shape like real butterfly wings.

When the wings are dry, add a drop of hot glue to the back of the body and press onto the moss.

Add butterflies to your hearts desire and you have a new, beautiful piece of home décor... perfect for spring & summer. Of course, if you don't want to make your own butterflies, you can buy some at the craft store.

I love how this turned out... so fun & colorful!

If you enjoy my projects, I would love your support on Instagram. Happy crafting friends!

15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
Holly Lengner - Lost Mom