DIY Tiered Tray

$20

Have you ever wanted a tiered tray and couldn't find one you liked or couldn't find one for the price you wanted?! Well keep reading for your easy and inexpensive solution! This tutorial will show you how to make your very own customizable tiered tray that can transform any shelf or counter.

Don't forget to watch my detailed Youtube video (linked at the bottom of this tutorial) on this project!

Supplies

You will need:

• three different sized cake pans
  • two candlesticks
  • a wood plaque/base
  • E6000/hot glue
  • paint/wax

I started by painting my candlesticks. I chose to use this antiquing wax from Walmart.

Once I had my candlesticks covered in the wax, I took a dry paper towel to wipe off any excess.

Next, I did the same to the base. I only covered the edges since the top or bottom will not be shown in the finished piece.

This is optional. I used white chalk paint to paint the outside of my cake pans to give them a matte finish.

Now to start gluing.

I took my biggest pan and wood base and attached them. I am using the E6000 as my main source of adhesive but I added a few dots of hot glue to hold it together while the E6000 is drying.

Next, I used the same gluing method to attach the candlesticks. I attached the first candlestick to the inside of the largest pan. Then attached the top of the candlestick to the next sized pan and so forth.

All finished!

Such a fun piece to style that can be used in multiple places in your home!

If you liked this project, don't forget to follow me on Hometalk or my Instagram @thejenspace for more project/home decor inspiration!

DIY Tiered Tray

15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
15 Memorial Day Crafts
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th

• Charity

Btw, Dollar Tree has cake pans. Save even more $ ♡

• Lisa

Great idea, but I agree with others on using cheaper pans. Can use a combination of dollar store cake pans, pie pans and dishes to get different sizing and style combinations. Always seeing old pans at the thrift stores as well. Do like the idea of using the candlesticks, though.