Hiding Pool Equipment

$0

After we refurbished our backyard swimming pool, I was trying to figure out how to hide the pool motors. We had added a Sun Shade Sail Canopy last year to protect the equipment from the Hot Galveston Island Sun.

Before with only the Sun Shade Sail Canopy.

We had added a Sun Shade Sail Canopy that releases from the fence so the guys can clean the filter.

Old screens when we replaced all of the windows.

I leaned all of the 1939 window screens against the walkway behind the backyard. I wanted to save them when.. I could come up with an idea on how to use them.

Frames after I removed the screens.

I used a razor blade to remove the screens from the inside of the frames. I didn't dare try to take the frames apart.

Added Slats.

I used slats saved from an old door. I placed them where I would have enough for both frames. I used E6000 glue with a toothpick to glue the slats to the frame. Mr. also added stability with a brad gun.

Painted to match Fence.

I sanded and painted the finished frame with the same yellow as on the fence.

View from the Porch

Mr. found some old hinges in the garage and joined the two frames together. He attached the frames to the side of the post that hold up the Sun Shade Sail Canopy. I dug out the grass underneath and added old bricks to help keep it level and stable. I also added a flower pot in front and back of the frames for stability and to help hide the equipment. I'll hang some plants from the top too. The little sign attached to the frame says 'No Diving'🌴

This project didn't cost a dime, just time, because we had everything! The Sun Shade Sail Canopy is from Amazon $48.77 including hardware and the post and concrete is from Home Depot.

• Linda

What happened to the sun screen in the finished pictures?

• Flipturn

Was the old door that you took the slats from originally an interior or exterior

door? If interior, the pieces likely are not treated for outdoor use. I am wondering how the new screen will hold up once it starts to get wet from the rain.

• Flipturn

That's good to hear. 'Seems like you are taking a sensible attitude.

Enjoy that pool;

Sure wish ours here was open.