Asked 4 days ago

How can I repair hardwood laminate floors that are peeling??

Maura WhiteDeeMorgan McBride
+8

• Kmdreamer

So you will need to sand them down then but only to the point we’re there is no more peeling going on then you will re varnish them the varnish will cover all so you will not see we’re you sanded unless the Olof was a diffrent stain in that cS3 you would need to stain first then varnish

• Gk

Do you have hardwood or do you have laminate? Hardwood floors are different than laminate. Hardwood is wood and laminate is not--it just looks like wood.

Here's some repair tips for laminate: https://www.familyhandyman.com/floor/floor-repair/laminate-floors-how-to-replace-a-flooring-plank

• Vimarhonor

I woukd suggest contacting the manufacturer. Some repair kits or markers might be available.

• Cindy

Hi Karen. I agree with above comment. Try to contact the manufacturer. I'm sorry that your floor is peeling but I want the final product to be towards your advantage. Good luck Karen. Stay well.

• Cynthia H

Is it a laminate? In other words is real wood or a wood look a like? If it is under warranty, I would contact them first so you don't void your warranty. Good luck and stay safe!

If it's laminate you will have to replace the boards. There is no way to repair the peeling.

• Kelli L. Milligan

You cannot repair peeling laminate, you'll have to replace those boards. They are just plastic over partial board. If cannot, I recommend you get a new floor that's a little better quality and value. Check out the solid vinyl wood look floors. They are great.

• It depends on what you mean by laminate flooring - if it's vinyl laminate with a wood look then no. If it's an engineered hardwood then you MIGHT be able to sand them down the tiniest bit before you run out of wood. Here's a good article: https://www.woodfloordoctor.com/sanding-and-stripping-bruce-laminate-flooring/

• Morgan McBride

Sounds like the boards need to be replaced.

• Dee
    15 hours ago

Laminate flooring simulates wood (or sometimes stone) with a photographic applique layer under a clear protective layer. The inner core layer is usually composed of melamine resin and fiber board materials. Therefore cannot be fixed. I would go to floor and decor and see if you can match the flooring or Lumber Liquidators. it will be a job to replace depending on the area because you have to take out all the flooring up to that area to replace the boards.

• Maura White
    Just now

Do you have pictures? Can you use wood glue?