HOW DO I MAKE A SIMPLE DECORATION IN MY BATHROOM?

FlipturnBecky at Flipping the FlipLauren of Mom Home Guide
+13

My bathroom is old and need face-lifting

• Kmdreamer

Look for a pretty card or picture you like that will match and just put it in a frame and hang it up

• Hang a shelf and decorate it with some pretty bottles!

• Cindy

Hi Mercy. I'm Cindy. You could hang a towel that matches your decor. There are several fancy ways to hang a towel on You Tube. This one thing may spruce up your bathroom for you. Good luck Mercy. Be well.

• Cynthia H

The easiest way to update any room, is a fresh coat of paint. A new shower curtain and a couple of new towels and you have a fresh start. Then, what about a fresh piece of art? Stencil a design on canvas, create a geometric design on canvas with painter's tape and some great color. Frame a picture you like if you aren't feeling artistic. Framed fabric also looks great and is simple to do. Good luck and stay safe!

• Lunagal

A new coat of paint is always an easy way to freshen up an area. I found a pretty new shower curtain and then found a remnant of coordinating fabric that I made into a quick valance for the window (I just used a cheap extendable rod from Target). I then took some photo’s I had that were of the same theme (in this case leaves and trees) and printed them off and framed them.

• FrugalFamilyTimes.com

We did a mini budget makeover on our old bathroom. Maybe some ideas for you? https://www.frugalfamilytimes.com/search/label/Frugal%20Bathroom%20Reno?max-results=9&m=1

• Rynn

When space is tight like many bathrooms, I like to 'decorate' with useful items. For example, a basket ( found cheap at Goodwill and painted to match or complement ) might hold toiletries, tissue, etc. Hanging a small picture can give you a focal point for your decor. A pretty towel or a small rug is a good way to add color. When my sink gets cluttered and crowded, my satisfaction level drops, but just finding a place for some of the 'stuff' and clearing it off instantly makes it better. Best wishes to you!

• Ken Erickson

We have an old wood window hanging on the wall.

• Homeroad

How about if you put some fabric in an embroidery hoop and add a bow and flowers?

• Kathy Gunter Law

A coat of paint and shower curtain, maybe a few shelves or change out your soap holder and such. Update linens. These are easy, quick, and fairly inexpensive ways to update a room.

• Lindsay Aratari

You could paint it which would be very budget friendly

• Lauren of Mom Home Guide

I agree that a fresh coat of paint will do wonders. If you'd like a feature wall, you could try stenciling one of the walls. This describes how I stenciled a wall in my home's bathroom: https://momhomeguide.com/currently-october-stenciled-wall-bathroom/

• Lauren of Mom Home Guide

Also - small changes go a long way in updating a bathroom. In my daughters' bathroom, I painted the walls and the vanity and made a DIY frame for the vanity mirror. I also made a DIY dream catcher for decor, and my daughter made a painting that I framed: https://momhomeguide.com/hall-bathroom-reveal-one-room-challenge/

• A new coat of paint does wonders instantly. Change out anything or everything else, shower curtain, cabinet knobs, faucet, artwork, etc.

• Flipturn

One of the fastest ways to add new life to any room, bathrooms included, is to change the lightbulbs in the light fixtures to LED. If the bathroom/house is old, most likely the lightbulbs are the old incandescent type that give off a murky yellow color, or fluorescent bulbs that give off a harsh greenish color.

LED light is comparatively shadowless, bright and clean looking, and can in itself change how the other colors in the room appear.