Large Poster Display

$10

I picked up a large poster from my local thrift store which I loved (I’m Australian☺️), but as it was over 100cm wide (approx 3 foot), I found it very hard to find an inexpensive frame for it. So I decided to try something different.. 😊

Poster map of Australia

I had some pine mouldings/trim in the shed (left over from another home project) so I measured up the width of the poster and then cut two pieces of the pine to that size.

Next, I grabbed some super glue and put a line of glue onto the flat side of the pine moulding.

Applying glue to the pine.

I then glued the mouldings to the top & bottom of the poster. I pressed down on it for a few minutes to make sure it was evenly glued the whole way across.

Glueing the pine to the poster

Next, I got 2 small screw eyes and screwed them into the pine moulding at the top of the poster, one at each end. As the pine was fairly soft, I didn’t pre-drill holes, I just used a bit of pressure and pushed them in by hand while turning them until they were tight.

Adding small screw eyes to the top

Lastly, I grabbed some white cord from my craft supplies and tied it to each screw eye.

Attaching the cord/string

Then I found a spot for it on the wall. Done! 👌🏻 A simple & cheap way to display a large poster. 👍🏻

Please check out my other DIY projects on my Instagram page @_prettyliving

Finished 👌🏻

To see more: //www.instagram.com/_prettyliving