Asked on Jun 3, 2020

How do I find furniture casters?

Joy ElizabethJaniceBetsy


My husband thinks I’m ridiculous because I’m excited at getting this little bar cart (picture below). It was free and can so easily be flipped into something more current. I’m picturing gold metal and a faux marble finish. I’m debating about what to do with the wheels. They’re currently a yellowed polyurethane, which definitely makes it look dated. So I’m pretty sure they have to be completely replaced. Where is the best place to find new ones that fit with the style I’m going for. I’m probably going to sell it once completed, so the lower the price the better


13 answers
  • Chas' Crazy Creations
    on Jun 3, 2020

    I got mine from the hardware store, but you could also order some online -

  • I know around here there a a couple of 'junk stores' where they have bins of old hardware, tools, etc. If you have one nearby, check there. Otherwise, check in a thrift store or Restore. Another option is Amazon.

  • Flipturn
    on Jun 3, 2020

    Quality furniture casters that function properly with any longevity are not

    inexpensive. The price may exceed what you are realistically able to sell the cart for once you spruce it up.

  • Your local home improvement store will have a variety of casters but you can also search them online which should provide you with a wider selection.

  • William
    on Jun 3, 2020

    The casters slip into a plastic insert in the feet. You can remove a caster and go to Home Depot, Menards, Lowes. Match up the thickness and length of the shaft.

  • Ken Erickson
    on Jun 3, 2020

    Go to Home Depot of Harbor Freight. Take one caster with you to get proper size.

  • Em
    on Jun 3, 2020

    Look on Etsy and Amazon. They both carry them.

  • Kathy Gunter Law
    on Jun 3, 2020

    Check with local hardware stores. Our Ace hardware carries some of the most unusual items like this. It was the only place I could find replacement parts for a closet door. Not even Amazon had it.

  • Carrie @ Curly Crafty Mom
    on Jun 3, 2020

    I would look on Amazon, Etsy, hardware stores (maybe some specialty ones), etc.

  • Dee
    on Jun 3, 2020

    Lowes and Home Depot sell furniture casters. Google furniture casters and many different varieties come up and the companies who sell them.

  • Betsy
    on Jun 6, 2020

    Hi Sarah: Most home improvement stores should carry your casters. If you have a Harbor Freight near you, they carry them in my area store. I think that's a neat cart! :) Good luck

  • Janice
    on Jun 7, 2020

    Hi Sarah, if you really are focused on an inexpensive fix, you could get spray paint for plastic and spray the casters with an appropriate color. For no more "rolling" than the cart will likely be doing, I'm sure they paint would last a long time.

  • Joy Elizabeth
    on Jun 8, 2020

    Amazon has a good variety, I bought casters on amazon a few times to make rolling wood crates! Here is a search for a set of four decorative casters that might have what you are looking for!

Your comment...