DIY Boho Style Wall Hanging

$10

I've always been more of a neutral color gal when it comes to decor. But lately I've been trying to add a bit more color and that's when I started to pay closer attention to Boho style. I love the relaxed vibe that style offers, as well as all the texture, but some of the bright colors and patterns still scare me. So I thought I would start small by creating a pretty wall hanging with plenty of texture but more muted colors for my home office.

I've seen so many gorgeous woven wall hangings online lately so I decided to make one of my own. I started by picking up a Chindi Rug at my local Dollar General for just $5!

I had a few sets of bamboo blinds that I was planning on throwing out but instead I removed the bamboo rod from the bottom of one and decided to incorporate into this project. You could also use a dowel rod or even a good sturdy stick from your back yard for that matter! My rug didn't have a tassel (you can purchase it for super cheap)and my Dollar General didn't have any so I improvised and used some from another old rug I was also going to throw out. It ended up be the perfect length and color!

I hot glued the tassel onto the bottom of my rug and while it was drying I started working on attaching the rug to my bamboo rod.

I did that by first cutting four pieces of craft wire. Then I pushed one wire through the top of my rug on each end and two in the middle section.

I wrapped the wire around the rod and twisted it until it was tight and secure. Then I used a wire cutter to cut any excess. Once I had all four wires attached to the rod my wall hanging was almost done!

All that was left was to attach the jute twine for hanging. This also did double duty because it hid the two wires on each end!

You could also use the jute twine to hide the other two wires in the middle but I chose some raffia I had on hand. I just cut a small piece and wrapped it around the wire and tied it off. The color was an exact match to the bamboo.

The total cost for my Boho Style Wall hanging was just the $5 I spent on the rug since I had all of the other materials. You can find the full tutorial over on the blog!

Pallet and Pantry

• Decorate and More with Tip

Looks amazing! I love the BoHo look.

• Shirley

I have two rag rugs that were my great-grandmother's. One is rather large, and could cover some serious wallpaper stains if I adapt your project idea. Thank you!

• Pallet and Pantry

Oh my goodness, Shirley! How wonderful to have such a special treasure from your great-grandmother! And what a great way to display it! Bonus on the covering up of the wallpaper stains! I'd love to see the end result! Have fun!