Asked on Jun 8, 2020

How to repurpose this bin?

Johnavallance82Joy ElizabethMelissa Ramon Salinas
+13

I am looking for ideas on what I can do with this bin?

• Vimarhonor
    Vimarhonor

If it were my bin I would repaint it and put it in my laundry room to Neatly hold laundry supplies like detergent fabric softener’s and prespotters.

• CJ
    CJ

Instead of paint, you could strip it down to bare wood and stain & clear coat it.

If you don't want to use it for storing potatoes, I like Vimarhonor's idea of holding laundry supplies. It also could also work for toy storage, pet food and supplies, food storage containers (those storage boxes are so difficult to keep corralled!) outdoor toys or lawn games, craft supplies, recycling, a "junk" collection of things you want to repurpose, hand tools, potting soil... this list could go on and on!

I hope something here has spark an idea that works for you!

• Janice
    Janice

Not being certain how large the bin is or if it is sized for countertop use, I'd suggest painting it to suit you or the decor of your home and using it for storage. You could decoupage or stencil some designs on it to make it very unique. Have fun with it.

• Ken Erickson
    Ken Erickson

You can use it to store anything that needs to be stored. It can also be donated to places like Goodwill.

• Nan W.
    Nan W.

Beth: you could make a planter out of it

• Redcatcec
    Redcatcec

Strip or repaint, maybe hold tp in the bathroom. Or if it applies, store children's toys.

• Beth
    Beth

Do you have a pellet stove or anything like that? I've seen people use bins like this to store pellets near the stove.

• Flipturn
    Flipturn

What are the dimensions of the bin?

• Flipturn
    Flipturn

Depending on the size and how sturdy it is, it might lend itself well to storing ice-melting sprinkle salt in the top, and window scrapers, (and flashlight), in the bottom, if you are lucky to live where it snows in the winter!

• Mogie
    Mogie

Call whoever did the concrete work and explain the problem and ask them how they intend to fix this. I hope you hired someone that is licensed and bonded. Sometimes saving a few dollars isn't worth the hassle.

• Pat
    Pat

So you feed birds? Use it to store bird seed in. Use it in the garage to store rags or car washing things. Gardening supplies.. gloves, trowel, etc.

• Beth Paluch
    Beth Paluch

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions!

• Flipturn
    Flipturn

You're welcome.

• Melissa Ramon Salinas
    Melissa Ramon Salinas

Bread box would be cute! Or in your guest bathroom as a towel and different toiletries for your guest. You could jigsaw cut a square opening on the lid and add chicken wire If you like that style- But if you like more of an elegant style - you can add a decorative wooden scroll on it and highlight that piece with a gold color and then paint the box a different color

• Joy Elizabeth
    Joy Elizabeth

Paint and stencil a new word on it! You could use it for garden tools outside, or bathroom/laundry supplies. Depending on the size, it would look great mounted on the wall!

• Johnavallance82
    Johnavallance82

Hello there,

Store animal food in top and dishes in drawer which you open when it is meal time! Veg - Potatoes - Bar-B-Q stuff. Best wishes...............