Body order smell in pits of shirts?

+11

I have several shirt that smell like BO in the right arm pits area only. I feel I have tried everything and nothing seems to work. I will soak the shirts in so many things but once i was the shirts and wear them for maybe an hour I can start to smell the BO coming from the right arm pit area. Does anyone know what I can do to get rid of this smell? I really dont want to through all my shirts out. Thanks in advance.

• Nan W. Nan W. on Jun 08, 2020

Hi! maybe this will help

https://www.thespruce.com/remove-underarm-stains-and-odor-2147284

• GrandmasHouseDIY GrandmasHouseDIY on Jun 08, 2020

Hi there, here's another guide, hope it helps! https://www.healthline.com/health/how-to-get-smell-out-of-clothes

• Moonangel Moonangel on Jun 08, 2020
    Any Fabric cleaned that used to kill germs. from Sam's OdoBan Odor Eliminator and Disinfectant Concentrate .I get it at sams or walmartor use peroxide and lemon juice before wash.. test fabrics 1st

• Spray or soak the armpit in vinegar overnight and then put it in the wash in the morning. If there is still smell try a baking soda paste for another night.

• Mogie Mogie on Jun 08, 2020
    8 Tricks To Get Rid Of Stubborn Underarm Stains and Odors From Clothes

https://www.farmersalmanac.com/get-rid-of-stubborn-underarm-odors-from-clothes-22067

• Deb K Deb K on Jun 08, 2020

Hello Lil, White vinegar is a powerful odor neutralizer and works wonders on underarm areas of fabrics. Fill your washing machine with water, then add 1/3 cup of white vinegar. Turn off the machine and let the garment soak for 20 minutes, then launder as usual.

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Jun 08, 2020

Try spraying with either odoban or an enzyme cleaner.

• All fabulous suggestions! And on your next visit to your doctor, have a discussion with your doctor. There are some remedies available that might help.

• Cindy Cindy on Jun 09, 2020

I know some people use under-arm deodorant to help with BO. But antiperspirant protects against sweat and odor. If sweating is bothersome or even embarrassing you should use antiperspirant. If you experience excessive sweating, you should use a clinical strength anti- perspirant.

• Flipturn Flipturn on Jun 09, 2020

What is the fabric content of the shirts?

If they are polyester, nylon, or have a high % of synthetic content, and have already been washed and dried with heat, it may be very difficult to remove the odour since the smells have already 'set'.

Nothing to lose though in trying some of the above suggestions.

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jun 10, 2020

Hello Lil,

Hope I don't upset you, might I suggest a stronger antiperspirant deodorant is bought from the store, and a wash powder that is bio. If you have underarm hair you consider removing it or at least some of it before applying antiperspirant etc.

Otherwise, It might be worth asking the Chemist or Doctor if they can suggest anything to help.........Best wishes

• Kmdreamer Kmdreamer on Jun 12, 2020

change your laundry detergent because it’s not cleaning first then use Clorox sanitizer in was add in .it works great all you add is a cap full the bottle last a wile and it realy works my towels smelt like mold and I couldent get it out even bleaching didn’t work there is no bleach in it .

• Betsy Betsy on Jun 14, 2020

Hi Lil darlin: No offence meant, but have you considered that maybe your deodorant is failing you? I'd try another brand, even a men's deodorant if you need to, and be sure to cover your pits completely with the deodorant. Good luck