How to Make a Cute DIY Toy Photo or Place Card Holder

$10

Have some plastic toys laying around your house? I have the perfect project for you— a DIY animal photo holder!
These cuties are super affordable and easy to make with only a few supplies. They work great for birthday party decor, table placeholders, or just a touch of fun and quirkiness to your kid's room decor.

Gather your supplies:

• Plastic animals in bulk
  • Your favorite spray paint (plastic coverage sprays work best)
  • 4″ Alligator clamps (25)
  • Drill and bit the width of the alligator clamp

Start out by spray panting your animals in your preferred colors. I chose a metallic gold, light pink, light mint, and white. Spray the same number of alligator clamps in the coordinating colors. I did 2-3 coats for full coverage.

Set the animals aside to dry for a couple of hours.

Locate your drill and a bit that is the same diameter as your alligator clamp wire.

Firmly hold your animal and drill a hole toward the back in a spot that will be best balanced. I like to drill toward the back.

Stick your alligator clamp through the hole until it hits the base of the animal belly.

That’s it! You have a DIY animal photo holder. I ended up making about eight of them, ha!

Clip your favorite photos, holiday cards, mementos…you name it. They would look so cute in a kiddo’s bedroom or playroom. That’s where most of ours will head most likely.

I like to use mine as photo holders and table place holders when we host dinner at our house.

They’d also be super cute at a whimsical and casual wedding as table number holders or place card holders at a kid's party. So many uses!

They're such a conversation starter and are fun party favors allowing your guests can leave with a small gift.

30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
Audrey Kuether

• BekaJo

This project was so easy and the final look was adorable. I placed in potted house plants and left on porch for family members along with an old photo for each person. Love this!

• Audrey Kuether

Wow that is such a cute and generous idea!! Thanks for sharing this with me Beka Jo! :)

• Kathy

So cute and affordable! Our daughter is graduating from Vet school & if we have a luncheon or party - this will be used to display some of her Vet school photos around! When she got married a few years ago , we looked at her marrying & doing her reception at the Local Zoo.. these would have been great to use! She did not opt for the Zoo, instead the ceremony and the reception were held at historical places, and I got copies of old Postcards of the area & my brother made the holders with old wood & painted them the green she used in the wedding! They went over so well - people wanted them & took them! They were cheap so we didn't care..

Anyway - this is a great idea & they are too cute!

• Audrey Kuether

Hi Kathy! These would be amazing for anything vet related - I love that idea!! Also your wedding postcards idea is amazing. Thanks for sharing with me :)