I have ants in my plants! How do i get rid of them without killing my

+11

I have ants in my potted plants! How do I get rid of them without killing my plants? Help!

• CountryChick CountryChick on Jul 20, 2020

1 tbs honey on a jar lid, add about 1/8th tsp roach proof..mix and set it out near plants that are not wet. Do not wet this mixture, either.

• I use packaged cornbread mix that says it is sweetened and put it where they are. They will take it to the mound, everyone will eat it and die, they can't digest the cornmeal, but will take it because it is sweetened. Little goes a long way.

I read this from : Itsmemic

Medicated powder from the Dollar Tree. It has eucalyptus in it...menthol...I puff it around my homes foundation..and inside under my birdcages in the cracks under moldings. Work immediately and they never come back. I do this at the first sign of ants..in one day..GONE. The powder is in a very large container and lasts quite awhile too !! And smells great !

Not toxic to my birds OR dog

What if you make a barrier around the house.

I did some research, since we know what works for one person doesn't always work for another. I found this site and it's pretty informative. I know some tips you may not be able to use but there are some good ones also that will hopefully help.

https://www.familyhandyman.com/pest-control/how-to-get-rid-of-ants/view-all/

Ants are so weird. One time I found them inside the freezer in the garage!! What would possess them to go inside a freezer only to die? They must have sent signals back or something ~ there were no ant trails only a freezer full of dead ants. Hasn't happened since.

Ant Spray - https://www.hometalk.com/31195184/cheap-easy-homemade-ant-spray?

oatmeal and koolaid . cant digest the oatmeal. Good Luck ?!

• Lauren of Mom Home Guide Lauren of Mom Home Guide on Jul 20, 2020

There are several methods suggested in this online how to article that you can try.

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Jul 20, 2020

Diatomaceous earth will kill anything with an exoskeleton, including ants. It's effective if it gets wet, it just has to dry out.

• My grandmother washed her plants once a week with water and dishwashing soap. No bugs!

• Maura White Maura White on Jul 20, 2020

In some plants, like peonies, the ants are necessary for the blooming process to happen. So are you sure the ants are actually harming your plants. They might be a pest for you, but maybe not for your particular plant. If these are indoor plants, just put some ant traps near the base of the plants.

• Mogie Mogie on Jul 20, 2020

I used diatomaceous earth (food grade) when I got ants in my potted herbs. They were gone in about three days.

• try a sticky trap

• Peggy L Burnette Peggy L Burnette on Jul 20, 2020

Hi Earlene, sorry you have ants killing your potted plants. I hope this will help you. 4 Ways to Remove Ants from Potted Plants - wikiHowwww.wikihow.com › ... › Garden Pests and Weeds

Apr 28, 2020 - Prepare the solution. If your potted plant is totally infested with tiny pests, flooding the soil with a water-insecticide solution will cause the ants to ...

• Flipturn Flipturn on Jul 21, 2020

I thought that the question read, 'Ants in my Pants' !

Anybody else remember that game?

• Pat Pat on Jul 22, 2020

I have sprayed Raid Ant Killer on the soil around my house plants. Put something around the green part of your plant to shield it from the spray. Worked for me.

• Elke Kallicragas Elke Kallicragas on Jul 22, 2020

I use a spray by Melaleuca called Tough N Tender... it won't kill your plants and it's also an awesome cleaner. It kills ants quickly and their products are all natural.

• Mary Ryan Mary Ryan on Apr 28, 2021

Plant some mint into the pot. It doesn’t take much. Just a sprig or two. Works wonders! Ants have started completely away from my figs since I added the peppermint to her pot.