Office Closet Makeover

$50

My office closet had been a shameful, shameful place over the last 8 years of living in my home. It became a catch all for things that I was no longer using at the time, or things that I wasn't sure if I wanted to use anymore and needed time to think on. It was bad! I needed to give it a makeover so pretty that I would want to keep it that way, so I did just that.

Before

Prior to my office closet makeover, my closet was cluttered and had no organizational system in place. I would honestly open the door for what I need, throw it in, and hurry to close the door, just so I wouldn't have to deal with cleaning it.

Remove old wire shelving

To begin this project, I removed the old, builder-grade wire shelving. I also threw away anything that no longer served a purpose.

Install Peel and Stick Wallpaper

I had purchased this wallpaper a while back on clearance and knew it would come in handy one day, and my office was perfect for it.

Installing Peel and Stick Wallpaper

I installed this peel and stick wallpaper using my peel and stick wallpaper tutorial on my blog.

Love how it came out! I then installed a shelf that is five feet long, and 22 inches deep. This gives the closet ample storage. I added two shelves this size.

Shapes on Closet Door

To add something more, I freehanded some shapes on my closet door. They were the perfect addition!

Additional Storage

This thrifted small dresser was a great addition to the closet as well.

And of course all the baskets were key to keep things neat and tidy.

I am so in love with how my closet has turned out and it has been easy to keep clean now that everything has a place. For more DIY and other projects, visit my blog.

Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
Erin | Live Pretty on a Penny

• Linda

It's beautiful, but where did all the junk go? It's definitely not in the new closet!

• Jeanne Martin

She also says in the post that she threw away things that no longer had a purpose. It's not rocket science, you either dispose of things, donate things or move things to another storage area. Pretty simple.

• Julie

I have a pantry that needs help!!

• Gail Cooley

I Absolutely Love Love Love this closet project you did. I never thought of decorating the inside of the door. Looks so upscale and neat. Just a quick question...where did you get the two tone basket???