DIY Dollar Tree Button Pumpkin

$5

Do you remember those bright orange foam pumpkins they had at Dollar Tree last year? I planned ahead and put some aside last Fall. This year, the pumpkin theme on my blog, Zucchini Sisters, is vintage sewing notions. My pumpkin features buttons, crochet work and a vintage thread spool that I had in my craft stash.

Here's what you'll need:

• 4 1/2 inch foam pumpkin from Dollar Tree (or another foam pumpkin)
  • White paint – I used Dixie Belle paint in Fluff
  • paintbrush
  • crocheted doily
  • assorted white and clear buttons
  •  hot glue gun and glue sticks
  • empty wooden thread spool

Step 1.

Remove the green foam stem. It’s held in place by a toothpick and will lift right out.

Step 2.

Paint the pumpkin white. You’ll need two coats to ensure that no orange shows through.

Step 3.

Cut out a circular piece of the doily to go on top of the pumpkin. This is optional…you may choose to cover the top with more buttons, instead. Hot glue the doily to the top of the pumpkin. Center it where the “stem” will be.

Step 4.

Starting at the top, hot glue the buttons in a circular pattern around the pumpkin. Vary size, color and style for added interest. Continue gluing buttons until you almost reach the bottom. Do not glue buttons to the bottom of the pumpkin as it needs a flat surface to rest on.

Step 5.

Attach the spool to the top of the pumpkin with hot glue.

And you’re done! I hope you liked my DIY Dollar Tree Pumpkin makeover and that you feel inspired to start crafting for your own Fall decorating. Please visit my blog, Zucchini Sisters, for more craft and home decor ideas!

The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
Everything Red For Canada Day
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
Rebecca of Zucchini Sisters