How To Make A Fence Post Scarecrow

$10

I love fall and when decorating I love to make items that can be left up all season long. I'm sharing how to make a fence post scarecrow. You can see more of my crazy creations here

Prep the wood

I had a left over 4x4 piece of fence post from a snowman family project I did last winter. I already had all the materials for this project on hand.

You could use a fence picket instead.

I lightly sanded the wood, then wiped it clean to remove all of the dust.

Paint the wood

I placed painters tape onto the wood to create a section of wood. This way when I painted the wood I would get a nice clean line and no overlap.

I painted the bottom of the scarecrow with Nautical Folk Art Home Decor Chalk Paint. This would be his pants.

I painted 3 sides (you could paint all 4 if you like).

I then added painters tape to the other end of the post.

I painted the top section with Imperial Folk Art Home Decor Chalk Paint.

I waited for the blue section to be dry.

I then added painters tape and used Imperial Folk Art Home Decor Chalk Paint for the shirt section.

For the last section I taped it off and used Sheepskin Folk Art Home Decor Chalk Paint.

Prep the Hat Brim

While the paint on the post was drying, I sawed a paint stir stick to be the hat brim. Then I painted it with the Mustard paint.

Add Embellishments

Once all of the paint was dry, it was time to add embellishments to the post.

I painted on Mod Podge and then added some raffia for hair. You could hot glue this as well.

I hot glued on the paint stir stick for the brim once the Mod Podge had dried.

I hot glued on 2 buttons for eyes, and drew on a nose and mouth with permanent markers.

I cut a handkerchief and hot glued it onto the fence post around the neck of the scarecrow.

I used some dollar store rope to create a belt and I hot glued on 2 small buttons for his shirt.

I made some accents onto his hat with a permanent marker.

He is already to be put on display!

If you want to put him outside, add a coat of Folk Art Home Decor Varnish or Dishwasher Safe Mod Podge.

I would love to have you stop by my blog   Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
Chas' Crazy Creations