Raised Stencil Makeover

$75

Raised stencil makeover on this thriftstore find for a one of a kind cabinet with Mediterranean vibes.

We totally scored and then forgot we did and left this sheet music cabinet in a corner of our shop for about a year. When we found it again we had just completed a raised stencil canvas and was inspired to carry the look on over to this little piece. We started by cleaning with Krud Kutter, rinsing and letting dry. Next we scuff sanded with a 220 grit pad and removed the dust with a tack cloth.

We primed with BIN since we were taking this piece from a dark finish to a lighter one and wanted to prevent tannen bleed through.

We then sanded the primer smooth with a well-used sanding pad and removed the dust again.

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

Then we sprayed the base coat. We used Chalk Paint by Annie Sloan in French Linen diluted a bit with some water in our paint sprayer, the Fuji Semi-Pro.

After it was dry, we took off the door so we could get clean lines on the edge when applying our texture. So we used what we had on hand - Dry Dex spackle and used a spreader. We measured the center of the door and aligned it with the center of the stencil, used stencil adhesive spray then taped it down so it wouldn't shift. This process was repeated on the sides of the cabinet too.. After it dried, going from pink to white we lightly sanded.

We then painted in a mix of Chateau Gray, Graphite, Old White and French Linen, all by Annie Sloan. Clear wax was applied and buffed, and a beautiful drop pull attached.

24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall

To see more: //www.instagram.com/aminidesignashburn

• Mery

hi, I just would like to know where I can get the raised stencil. I going to do this project.

thank you very much

mery

• Tam

That final picture belongs in a high-end magazine...Bravo!

• Shannon Ledezma

I love this project. Quite elegant. I would also like to know where you purchased the stencil.

• Mery

I love the stencil. I would like to know where you purchased the stencil. I’m looking for it and I can’t find

thank you