Repurposing an Old Headboard Farmhousestyle

$5

I found this headboard at my local thrift store. When the lady told me $1.99 I had to grab it. I knew just what I wanted to do with it.

Before

I know it looks nasty someone had already tried to paint it and failed. But I could see the beauty and the end result.

Painted

This is her after we had cut some off the legs and I had given it two coats of chalk paint.

After sanding

I then took my sanding pad from the dollar store and sanded areas that would wear naturally. Like in the curves, the spindles and the edges.

Added hooks

I couldn't find any hooks that I liked that went with my style and that I wanted to spend. I searched Amazon and found these farmhouse style ones. They came in a pack of ten for $7.99 which I thought was a great deal. I attached just three for now but I might add more yet. I really like how it turned out and looks perfect in my dining room holding some towels and my diy wreath. Which you can find here also.

Hope this inspired you to look beyond the ugly and reinvent something for your home. Let me know if you've repurposed anything and I'll check it out!

15 Perfectly Round Tables
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs

• Debbie

Super cute

• Rynn

Thanks for the inspiration! You reminded me of a twin headboard which i have painted and added a mirror. For some reason i had to move and store before it was complete. Now to find it and finish..... i am thinking i just need to add the hardware. Yay! Now i know just where to put it ! thanks !

• Corine Mapes

Lol I know how that is, trying to remember where I put something. So glad it reminded you.