High-end Makeover for a $1 Lamp

$28

A simple yet classy looking makeover for a $1 Dollar Tree Lamp that can be done in under an hour.

Before

My DIY brain started spinning as soon as I saw these beauties and I knew they were the perfect blank canvas that could be customized to fit any home. So I brought them home and stared at them for a while until inspiration struck. I decided a black and gold theme would work well with these lamps.

Before
Apply peel and stick wallpaper to the inside of the lampshade

For the gold part of this hack, I went back to my trusty Very Berry Sticker peel and stick wallpaper. Here is the lampshade before and after I had applied the wallpaper on the inside of the drum. I would recommend using a textured wallpaper like this one so that you can easily blend little pieces of the wallpaper over the first layer in case you make a mistake.

Add wallpaper to lampbase

I also added a strip of the same gold wallpaper to the base of the lamp.

Add wallpaper to the outside of the lampshade in any geometric pattern

I cut little strips of the gold wallpaper and started to randomly put them onto the shade and came up with this final look which I absolutely love!

Final Look After

Here is the lamp in our bedroom. I just love how it complements our gold side table perfectly.

For more details and links to exact products used please check out:

www.weekendiyer.com

15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors

To see more: https://www.weekendiyer.com/post/high-end-makeover-for-a-1-lamp

• Malekah Roberts
    Malekah Roberts

looks good but it is not $1.00 . Where did you get a $1.00 one?

• Flipturn
      Flipturn

Even within the same chain of dollar stores, irregardless of which name it is, stock available can vary considerably from one location to the next.

• Brenda
    Brenda

Amazon lamp $14.97 gold film $7.49 I didn’t find either at Dollar Tree.

• Cake Camp
      Cake Camp

Oops!! Stencils,punch out a design,a theme for anyone you want to give a personalized gift to. Add beading,tiny Xmas balls...

• Carol
    Carol

I love them lamp, but I'm am mesmerized by the side table. Please tell us more about it. Is it a project you made? I want one like it...

• Flipturn
    Flipturn

I would suggest that you now replace the black plug with a clear one, so that the lamp and table remain the focal point of the space, rather than your eye going to the black plug and outlet on the wall.

• Cake Camp
    Cake Camp

I've been having fun w all kinds of embellishments ever since I saw them!!! And they even give u a light bulb!!