High-end Makeover for a $1 Lamp

$28

A simple yet classy looking makeover for a $1 Dollar Tree Lamp that can be done in under an hour.

Before

My DIY brain started spinning as soon as I saw these beauties and I knew they were the perfect blank canvas that could be customized to fit any home. So I brought them home and stared at them for a while until inspiration struck. I decided a black and gold theme would work well with these lamps.

Before

Apply peel and stick wallpaper to the inside of the lampshade

For the gold part of this hack, I went back to my trusty Very Berry Sticker peel and stick wallpaper. Here is the lampshade before and after I had applied the wallpaper on the inside of the drum. I would recommend using a textured wallpaper like this one so that you can easily blend little pieces of the wallpaper over the first layer in case you make a mistake.

Add wallpaper to lampbase

I also added a strip of the same gold wallpaper to the base of the lamp.

Add wallpaper to the outside of the lampshade in any geometric pattern

I cut little strips of the gold wallpaper and started to randomly put them onto the shade and came up with this final look which I absolutely love!

Final Look After

Here is the lamp in our bedroom. I just love how it complements our gold side table perfectly.

For more details and links to exact products used please check out:

www.weekendiyer.com

25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows

To see more: https://www.weekendiyer.com/post/high-end-makeover-for-a-1-lamp

• Malekah Roberts

looks good but it is not $1.00 . Where did you get a $1.00 one?

• Flipturn

Even within the same chain of dollar stores, irregardless of which name it is, stock available can vary considerably from one location to the next.

• Brenda

Amazon lamp $14.97 gold film $7.49 I didn’t find either at Dollar Tree.

• Carol

I love them lamp, but I'm am mesmerized by the side table. Please tell us more about it. Is it a project you made? I want one like it...

• Ann Gardner

I will definitely try this project! I love the completed lamp, and I know I can do it‼️ Thanks for the idea and the instructions‼️❤️

• Flipturn

I would suggest that you now replace the black plug with a clear one, so that the lamp and table remain the focal point of the space, rather than your eye going to the black plug and outlet on the wall.