Create Your Own Wall Letterboard!

$8

We've all seen letterboards as they've overtaken social media. Whether they're announcing pregnancies or funny mom quotes, letter boards are one of the most popular trends in home decor.

And thanks to hipster coffee shops, letterboards are now getting even bigger. Quite literally! As if the square boards weren't enough, I am now seeing a trend of wall letter boards and I'm in love.

My DIY side has overtaken the ease online ordering and while you can find wall letterboards on Etsy, I have a cheaper hack for you to try.

All you need to create your own Wall latterboard are a few simple materials-

-1"x2"x8' comboard ($2.50 for 1)

-Scotch indoor mounting squares

-a level

-measure tool

-saw

-sandpaper

Step 1

Lay the comboard on a flat surface. Because of its length of 8 feet, the floor is an adequate space. With your measuring tool, measure and mark the length you would like your letter board to be. Continue measuring and creating marks on the comboard until you have the desire amount of ledges.

Mine measured about 23 & 3/4 inches which made 4 ledges from 1 comboard.

*I would suggest making it a length evenly divisible by the 8 feet of board so there isn't any wasted wood left over.

Step 2

Guided by the measured marks on the comboard, carefully use a saw the cut the wood. Sand any edges to smooth out and prevent splinters.

Step 3

Lay the cut ledges on a counter or table, face down. Unpack the mounting squares. Peel the back off of the mounting square and place one on each end of the ledges.

Step 4

Take one of the ledges with the mounting strips and center it on the wall where you are placing the letterboard. To center your ledge, measure your wall and make a small pencil mark at its center. Then measure your ledge and create a small pencil mark on the top of the ledge. Match the center mark on the wall to the center mark on the ledge.

Use the level and press the ledge onto the wall to adhere.

Step 5

From the top of the ledge measure 4.5 inches and make a pencil mark. Repeat this on the other end of the ledge.

Step 6

Repeat steps 4 and 5 until each ledge is hung.

Use letters to share an inspirational quote, daily to-do list or weekly meal plan!

31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful

• Mvb12305563
    Mvb12305563

Where did you get the letters?

• Lydia
      Lydia

I actually made them! Ill be posting a tutorial tonight on hoe to make them for super inexpensive!

• Aimee
    Aimee

So cute! Great idea!

• Melinda Record
    Melinda Record

So true ~ letter boards are everywhere and I love the look. Few words, but big, fun, statements.

Your project is a very clever and inexpensive way to "join the conversation" ... in more ways than one!

Thank you for sharing AND inspiring!

• Lydia
      Lydia

Thanks Melinda! It was a project I could knock out in no time!