Clean area ?

RedcatcecCatherine Deirdre RoddenAgnes Chrzanowska
+14

How do I clean this stone on the floor sorry forgot pic in last post

• GrandmasHouseDIY
    GrandmasHouseDIY

Hi Pat, I would look for a specific acid based stone/masonry cleaner. After that you might consider sealing it with a masonry sealant to help it stay cleaner in the future and make it easier to clean :)

• Merry Mount
    Merry Mount

Ospho is a phosphoric acid. Be sure to use good ventilation. I is one of the mildest acids. Hope this helps.

• Kathy Gunter Law
    Kathy Gunter Law

I mop my stone tile with 1 cup white vinegar, 1 cup baking soda, 1 tbsp blue dawn, 2 gallons hot water.

• Yup...that's exactly what I have, and I use a steamer.

• Annie
    Annie

I just mop mine with soap and water when I wash the floor and that works fine

• Annie
    Annie

Love your stove, do you ever cook on it? We have a flat top wood stove too, use it to heat the whole house. We often make soup on it :)

• Janice
    Janice

Just quickly clean with a soft cloth wrung out of hot soapy water.

• Em
    Em

The answer I gave in previous post came from Bob Vila. I would trust his knowledge better than most.

• Cheryl A
    Cheryl A

you could use one to two drops of Dawn liquid deteregent in warm water scrub well and then rinse with warm water

• Cynthia H
    Cynthia H

Hi! I like to start "mild" or simple first. It looks like slate in the picture. I would add a couple drops of dish detergent to a bucket of water. Use a sponge to clean it with, and wipe with a clean microfiber cloth. Cheater method: use a sponge mop for underneath so you don't have to spend the afternoon crawling around the floor. You can buy stone cleaner and sealer if you want, but, if you want it clean, you won't go wrong with soap and water. Good luck!

• Vimarhonor
    Vimarhonor

Hello. I like this spray ready to use stone and tile cleaner shown below by Miracle. I have used it to clean my fireplace hearth countertops porcelain floors and slate Lazy Susan and coaster tiles.

• Lauren of Mom Home Guide
    Lauren of Mom Home Guide

I agree to start with plain soap and water first, and then to move on to stone cleaner. There is a rectangular piece of slate on the floor in front of my fireplace, so I will be trying these techniques soon, too!

• Barbara
      Barbara

If it’s slate use milk.

worked in a slate quarry and the cleaners only used milk on the office floors.

• Lindsay Aratari
    Lindsay Aratari

I use Thieves from Young Living on all of our surfaces

• Agnes Chrzanowska
    Agnes Chrzanowska

This always work for me 1 cup white vinegar, 1 cup baking soda, 1 tbsp blue dawn, 2 gallons hot water.

• Redcatcec
    Redcatcec

Just soap and warm water does the trick. rinse with clear water.