Lamp in Minecraft Style!

$10

HI! My daughter like to play in Minecraft game. So i decided to make for here a night lamp in Minecraft pixel style:)Its very simple and easy do do DIY project.

You will need a few tools. I used:

• Japanese saw
  • Screwdriver
  • Right angle ruler
  • Glue
  • Sandpaper

Materials that you will need:

• led light bulb
  • light bulb base
  • wire with switch
  • glue
  • wood Board 28*28 mm

First of all, you will need to cut lots of wood cubes.

My cubes will be 28 мм. You can make any size you want. Additionally, I cut 18 mm cubes

I measured and cut, measured and cut. If you have circular saw, you can use it. It will be much more faster and evenly.

When we cut all cubes, we need to sand them.

You can use a sand machine (it will be much more faster), or you can use just a piece of sandpaper as i did.

Now i will make a base for the led lamp. I made base 85*85 mm.

Then i make a first layer of my lamp. I fixed cubes with glue.

I waiting until the glue dries up. Then i drilled a hole for the wire. 

Connect wire with bulb base

And fix with screws to the base

Warning! Use only LED bulb. Led lamps do not heat up much.

Now i'm making all other layers. Place the cubes in any order.

Whatever you like.

For the top of the cubes I made a stand out of paper clips. it will seem that the cubes are hanging in the air

That's it! The lamp is ready and you can enjoy your beautiful lamp!

I hope you like it! Thanks for watching!

P.s. maybe you are interested how can i removed the bulb when it will stop working:)? 

Please don't worry! It can be easily reinstalled in 5 seconds 😉

30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season

• Gail
    Gail

Very cool. lots of hard work but you showed how it could be done at home with simple tools! so many of the posts are with major power tools and skills we don't all have. thank you. I'm not sure what county, Russia? We have a store here called dollar tree that has s miniature Jenga sets of blocks. I've always wondered what to do to them.... I also like your pretty kitty. What is a Japanese saw? I have never seen one. assuming they are sharp like Japanese knives?

• Chatycms
      Chatycms

A Japanese saw is the best. Better than a hack saw. You can get one at Lowe’s or Home Depot. I like them because they are easier to manage than regular hand saws and don’t leave teeth marks like most hand saws.

• MommaBehler
    MommaBehler

could you not use the "jenga" building type blocks from the dollar tree?

• Maggie Mitchell
    Maggie Mitchell

If you keep your crib clean it won't get that dusty to begin with... Looks cool. Inspired me to get together for my Granddaughter to put together. She is a Mindcraft junky...She will love it... Christmas Gift!

Thanks,

• Kathryn McFadden
    Kathryn McFadden

I love this ;a project made with love. I'm sure your daughter will keep it and feel treasured. My son use to play minecraft too I wish I had thought of something like this; thanks for sharing. Great "doable"project an investment in time more than expense.