DIY Indoor Planter

$10

I'm starting the new month with a lot of new energy and I'm starting to bring a happy vibe into the house with new plants. Fittingly, I'll show you my DIY planter in basket look made of natural rope.

When I was tidying up I recently rescued those old, no longer beautiful looking, round boxes from the attic. You are, of course, crying out for a new feature and makeover. Tadaaa ... in a few steps you can make a wonderful planter from this.

In principle, the whole thing is not that difficult, you should just be extremely careful not to burn your fingers on the hot glue. It happened to me several times. Ouch. Maybe gloves would have been appropriate here.

Cut the fabric so that you can fold it over the edge of the box and glue it to the inside, the inside and the outside with the hot glue gun.

Now you glue the beginning of the rope to the bottom of the box and then wrap it tightly around the box. Stick the tape to the box at regular intervals and press it carefully! at. Wrap the tape completely around the side and stick the end tightly to the top edge. You cut off the rest.

The planter is ready. Of course, you can also use the basket as a storage box. Only the lid no longer fits on top if you stick the tape up to the edge. Otherwise just leave an upper edge the size of the lid free.

25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
15 Memorial Day Crafts
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
Josephine

• N. G. Londonderry
    N. G. Londonderry

How can you use a fabric lined cardboard box as a planter? Did you use artificial plants that don’t require watering?

• N. G. Londonderry
      N. G. Londonderry

From the photo I can see the author didn’t do either of those suggestions from Pauline and Robin.

Thanks for your input, though!