I have two tufted couch arms, how can I reuse them?

+18

I have two couch arms that I cannot use. They are the same make but two different colors. One is grey and the other is beige. I don't want to trash them they are too pretty. Other than fish I have no pets so I am not interested in making a fancy dog bed. What are some creative things I can do to repurpose these couch arms?

q i have two tufted couch arms how can i reuse them

Side A (inner side) of couch arm

Side B (front side and outer side) of couch arm

• Recreated Designs Recreated Designs on Dec 07, 2020

Could you build a square box (and pad and cover it) and make low chairs out of them?

• Janice Janice on Dec 07, 2020

Could you possibly make them into twin bed headboards? Or, if you need a headboard (or someone else does) you could possibly join them together, then reupholster right over the different colored coverings to make one cohesive unit. I'd feel the same as you about tossing them. I'll keep thinking!!

• GrandmasHouseDIY GrandmasHouseDIY on Dec 07, 2020

If you dyed them the same color it would make a great back rest for a day bed or a headboard!

• Ken Erickson Ken Erickson on Dec 07, 2020

I like the headboard idea

• Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Dec 07, 2020

Hello I agree with the headboard or David idea another alternative might be to make a bench out of them. Gray is such a popular color right now.

• Judy in Canton. Judy in Canton. on Dec 07, 2020

I would make or buy a cedar box to hold extra blankets or pillows and use the arms as sides. Place this at the foot of the bed. Pad and upholster the top of the bench with a pattern that has both gray and tan.. As for the different colors on the arms swap out the buttons on each or paint the buttons. The arms look to be in great condition.

• Chas' Crazy Creations Chas' Crazy Creations on Dec 07, 2020

What about a headboard, or create a bench with that is the back?

• Mogie Mogie on Dec 07, 2020

Trade in the Old Sofa for a New One

Pass it On

Advertise to College Students

Donate to a Charity

• Cheryl A Cheryl A on Dec 07, 2020

use them to make bench or stool -you could paint them the same color and make twin headboards out of them too

• Perhaps a bench or even a chair?

• Dee Dee on Dec 07, 2020

Mogie has a great idea if the sofa is still in usable condition. But if it is only the arms, I would dye them or replace the fabric and make a beautiful headboard.

• You can make a box with a lid that can be attached to the arm and used as storage.

• Redcatcec Redcatcec on Dec 07, 2020

Oh Ho, take a look here:

https://www.diycraftsy.com/diy-sofa-arm-table/

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Dec 07, 2020

Hi,

Make a Hall seat and store your shoes under or inside it.

• Cindy Cindy on Dec 08, 2020

They would make great headboards. Or you could make or purchase a box with lid and attach them as the back. You're right, they're to pretty to toss them.

• Use them as ends to a bench or put them together to create an ottoman maybe.

• Patricia Patricia on Dec 09, 2020

Whatever color ,fabric , design they have at Walmart or a fabric store use your emagination you can change it when you want

• Make them into pet beds. Add a box in the front with a pillow for a small dog or cat

• I love the idea of making a bench with them as the ends. If they don't match you can paint the fabric so they match.

• Catherine Deirdre Rodden Catherine Deirdre Rodden on Dec 09, 2020

I don't think they are wide enough to be headboards unless you recover them similarly or dye them and at that point, you would be better off just doing them as a couch or chair if they match.

You could use one as the base for a "fainting couch" or settee style piece.

You might see about making one into a seat in an entryway for removing shoes.

• Homeroad Homeroad on Dec 10, 2020

I would attach it to a large crate or a bench so it becomes the backing to a bench for the hallway.