Asked on Jan 16, 2021

How can you reshape a Longaberger plastic protector ?

KmdreamerCynthia HKathy Gunter Law
+7

• Vimarhonor
    Vimarhonor

Hello. Sometimes hot near boiling water can reshape plastic. I would suggest practicing with a 2 L bottle first to see how it works. Hope this helps.

• Chloe Crabtree
    Chloe Crabtree

I agree with Vimarhonor, as above, hot water can help reshape those plastic liners.

• Mogie
    Mogie

Don't know if this will help but here is a video on how to flatten pin ball plastic with a heat gun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7DdWe8YsWM&feature=youtu.be

• Morgan McBride
    Morgan McBride

A hair dryer might help!

• Lifestyles Homes
    Lifestyles Homes

Stuff it full of towels or blankets to get it in shape befor using the hair dryer on it.

My Longaberger hamper’s liner also has issues and I suspect they’re made using a Vac-U-Form process which is easily re-heated.

• Cindy
    Cindy

Hello Michelle. Heat will help to reshape your liner. You could use a hair blower, heat gun, or a fabric steamer. Use what you have on hand and decide which one works best. Good luck Michelle.

• Redcatcec
    Redcatcec

Heat will help change the shape of your plastic liner by making it more pliable. As the other Hometalkers have said, practice on a 2 Liter bottle to get the hang of it. I would start with the lower level of heat and see what works best.

• Kathy Gunter Law
    Kathy Gunter Law

Heat would be my go to for something like this. If you use a heat gun on the lowest setting you might be able to accomplish this.

• Cynthia H
    Cynthia H

Hi! I agree with the others about heat. If you own something else the same size, you could sit inside and heat the outside. One of my basket liners looked out of shape, and I lined it with a warm towel and then filled it with glass beads and stone from the dollar store. The weight seemed to do the trick. Heavy books might work, too. Good luck and stay safe!

• Kmdreamer
    Kmdreamer

Try putting it in warm water for like 5 min if it’s plastic warm it up then re shap it