Heart Shaped Wreath With Baby’s Breath

$15

I’ve been wanting a new wreath since I took the Christmas decor down. It is a bit of a transitional time between winter and spring and sometimes hard to know what to do in between these seasons.

I started thinking that maybe I could bring a little fresh flower look combined with something for Valentine’s Day, and I came up with this heart shaped wreath with baby’s breath.

It was super easy to make and fairly inexpensive. I think the baby’s breath will dry nicely and should last quite a while.

Since the baby’s breath is white, even though it is a heart shape, it doesn’t necessarily scream Valentine’s Day. This way I can keep it up for quite a while, until I am ready to change to a spring wreath.

Here is what you will need to make this wreath…

supplies

Cardboard large enough for the size wreath you want
Floral Foam
Baby’s Breath (I purchased mine in the floral department of my local grocery store)
Hot glue gun

directions

You will need a heart shape pattern the size you want your wreath to be. I used a large piece of white paper, folded it in half and drew half of a heart shape using the fold as the center.
When you open, it will be a perfect heart shape.

Next, you will draw your heart on the cardboard using the pattern as your template. Then cut it out.
Now, draw a smaller heart in the center of the larger heart, leaving about a 3″ width between them. Cut the center out. This will now be the base for your wreath.

Cut pieces of floral foam to fit around the heart and glue them down. This doesn’t have to cover it perfectly. Just cover the best you can.

Now, you will begin sticking small bundles of the baby’s breath into the heart. I started at the top and worked my way around. When it was fairly covered, I went back and filled any gaps. I also added some around the edges where the cardboard or floral foam might still be showing.

I hot glued the pop top of a soda can to the back and hung my wreath from that.

And just like that, I have a neutral color fresh flower wreath. As I mentioned, the baby’s breath should dry and I will be able to keep it up for quite a while.

I hope you enjoyed this heart shaped baby’s breath wreath tutorial. If you make one I would love to hear about it!!

As always, thank you so much for stopping by!

blessings,
michele

Pin it to remember it…..

If you enjoyed this post, you might like… https://www.vintagehomedesigns.com/diy-yarn-wrapped-hearts/

Follow along on Facebook and Instagram. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to the blog so you don’t miss a post.

20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
Vintage Home

• Darlene Moncrief.
    Darlene Moncrief.

How much of the babies breathe do you hot glue at a time. Or do you cut close to the flower and push the stems in the foam. Or do I cut very little of the stems off. Can I use a branch wreath and put the flowers on it, what would I use to hold them on.

• Vintage Home
      Vintage Home

I just cut a small bundle and stick it into the foam. I put them fairly close together so you don't see the foam between the bundles.

• Moira
    Moira

Is it dry or wet floral oasis?

• Vintage Home
      Vintage Home

I used dry, but I am sure you could use wet and it would stay fresh longer. Mine is drying out, but still looks great!

• C.DGB.
    C.DGB.

Yes I certainly will try making one this week, before Valentine’s Day, Soo delicate and just a tat Of simplicity, and color...... ang wait to have it up on my door.......

• Moira
    Moira

Thank you for answering me so promptly I love your heart shaped wreath and it looks very professional and awfully pretty!!

kindest regards from Moira in Scotland!