DIY Fingertip Towels

1 material
$10

Hey friends, we are well into summertime! Along with that comes hot summer days working in the garden, backyard barbeques, picnics and outdoor flea markets.
These refreshing towels are perfect for those occasions, so I wanted to share this super easy DIY Fingertip Towel idea.

supplies

You will need inexpensive washcloths, some essential oils, a large bowl, a large ziplock bag and some twine. I ordered white washcloths on Amazon, and you can find those here and any refreshing essential oils that you like, will work. Some good options are bergamot, thieves, lemon, eucalyptus and lavender. I used lemon, lavender and eucalyptus for these.

how to make your towels

To make the towels, you will fill your large bowl with water and add the drops of essential oil. I used about 7-8 drops total, so if you are using several different oils, just divide the drops between them.

Next, soak the washcloths in you water mixture, then squeeze out the excess water. Fold and roll each cloth individually and tie up with a piece of twine. I folded the washcloths in thirds so the seam doesn’t show.

Put the cloths in the ziplock bag and place in the fridge or freezer until ready to use them.

Obviously, if they are in the freezer, they will stay cold a bit longer, so this is a good option if you are entertaining outside in the heat.

If you are hosting a get together, these are beautiful arranged on a tray and embellished with lemon slices and maybe mint or rosemary sprigs. They are perfect for a backyard barbeque or shrimp/crab boil. Your guests will be impressed with the display and will welcome these refreshing towels.

Give these DIY fingertip towels a try and let me know what oils you like to use, because I love to hear from you!!

blessings,
michele

If you enjoyed this post, you might like this..
https://www.vintagehomedesigns.com/dishwasher-rinse-aid-diy/

.

Vintage Home

Questions on this post

Comments

4 comments
Next