Vinyl plank flooring edge types?

+4

We hope to continue the flooring we have in two rooms, but it's not looking like the style is available any longer. Apparently what the kind of planks we have now have square edges, but what I'm seeing in a similar pattern has 'beveled' edges, or painted beveled edges. I love that what I have now is smooth. I'm concerned a beveled type edge would end up being like sheet vinyl that had bevels etc where everything gets trapped, etc. Plus, in hardwood floors, we had boards that had gaps between them where every piece of lint, dirt etc collected. I don't want anything with any gaps between the vinyl planks either! So does anyone have experience with either bevel or micro beveled edges as to how they compare with square edges? Thanks!

• Betsy Betsy on Feb 18, 2021

Hi Lynn: Have you tried looking at HabitatforHumanityRestore? Or maybe an outlet store like Ollies? You may be able to contact the manufacturer and see if your style is available in any of the stores they service. Sometimes they know what's where.

• See 1 previous
    • Betsy Betsy on Feb 19, 2021

Yeah, that's the problem with something you like. The gremlins hear about it and discontinue it :( Try looking on line at discontinued flooring outlets. Just type that into your search engine and some sites will come up. You can contact them and see if they have what you need.

• Hi there, square edge flooring is still very popular, so you might be able to find something that matches in another brand. A lot of these floors are all made by a few companies and then sold under different names. If not, I'd go with a micro-bevel. It'll be the most subtle. Also, we found our discontinued flooring at a local floor shop in the clearance room. Might be worth a shot to call some small local places and inquire. Good luck!

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Feb 19, 2021

You are right about the accumulation. That is why I purchased a microfiber dusting mop. It picks it up rather well.

This seems to be a big trend that I can do without. Similar to tile & grout as far as the accumulation.

• FrugalFamilyTimes.com FrugalFamilyTimes.com on Feb 21, 2021

Keep looking! I’ve seen lots of square edge options out there. Specialty flooring stores will have it for sure. :)

• Jeremy Hoffpauir Jeremy Hoffpauir on Feb 28, 2021

You should be able to find square edge options... Maybe try a flooring store.