Real Wood Hutch Refresh

$70

Here I go again with a great find during a hunt for the right hutch. I scored this beauty while looking on offer up. Now let’s see what it looked like when I started.

This is the beauty in all it’s natural state. I loved the hardware...not going to lie.

As you can see the wood had a lot of imperfections. That definitely did not stop me from the potential I see when I look at it.

It’s time to sand. I used the Dewalt square sander and lots of sandpaper. I used 120 grit to be exact. Wow...look at the gorgeous wood underneath that not so pretty color.

There sure was a lot of groves and areas to sand. No lie, I clocked in over 24 hours of sanding. I did try to strip one side with stripping agent and it was a mess. I’ll leave that part out of this. Remember to wear googles and a filtering mask. That is just too much saw dust.

Still sanding...

Look... I finally finished Sanding and did a wipe down with a microfiber towel. Twice to be exact. I wanted no dust particles to be in the way.

I decided I loved the color so much that I would just use chalk paint wax from Walmart. I used a stain sponge from Walmart. It goes on so smooth. With this one I just poured wax on the stain sponge and dabbed it on a paper plate so it would spread evenly.

Here is the final Hutch before and after. Huge difference!

A photo of the hutch all decorated. It truly is my families favorite piece of furniture. You ask “why?” It is a coffee bar.

I hope you enjoyed my project.

IG Dreamoakdecor

3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
Everything Red For Canada Day