Simple Dollar Store Tray/Plate Charger - The Power of Paint

$4

This very well may be the easiest project I will ever post. For quite some time now I have wanted to make a tray with some of the pizza pans from Dollar Tree. I anticipated that I would have to get very creative in order to come up with a nice-looking tray. Imagine my absolute surprise when I finally embarked on this project and started... AND STOPPED with spray paint! That’s it! I originally planned to add a stencil design, (and may still later go back and add one) or “feet” so that it is a tad bit elevated. But the honest truth is that I do not feel that the tray needs them. I think for this project, simplicity is key!

And if a $1 pan and spray paint wasn’t easy enough to create a tray, while writing this post, I realized that you could also use this “tray” as a plate charger when creating a festive tablescape! It’s a two for one!!!

How it started..This beaut has definitely seen better days, but since I already had a stack of these pans in my cupboard, I didn’t see the need to go out and buy more. Nothin’ fancy here! (Many times I contemplated carrying the stack of these pans to the trash!!!) Reuse recycle!

I applied 3 coats of paint, letting each coat dry thoroughly before applying the next.

This is the spray paint that I used,

Done!

Past Nicole thinking: “I think this could even be a nice option for a dinner party!” (This is when the “plate charger idea” popped into my mind!!)

*Dives from the chair and rushes to the kitchen to stage the "tray" as a plate charger!*

I am not a “fancy” person, so I am definitely riding the “fancy struggle bus” when it comes to staging this picture, but MAN I hope that you get the idea! 😅😅

The absolute beauty of this project is that you can make the tray/charger any color to match your tables cape/decor!

*Places "napkin" (dish towel!) on plate*... "Ohhhhhhh!"

*Promptly lifts pinky into the air* 💁🏾‍♀️

15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day