How to clean ants from bedrooms?

+9

I have little ants in my bedroom, night stands, living room cocktail table and on kitchen surfaces

• Redcatcec Redcatcec on Jun 17, 2021

A product called Terro works very well, in a day or so your ants will be gone. It is a liquid you put on the small squares provided (if you run out of squares, you can use cardboard that does not absorb liquid). The ants love it and take it back to their colony and it kills them, Available at diy stores in the pest control section. Keep this out of reach of children and pets.

• I always use a product called Terro. It works every time.

• Cheryl A Cheryl A on Jun 17, 2021

kill them with Terro then vacuum the dead ones up and throw out the bag

• Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Jun 17, 2021

Agree with above recommendations. I use Terro traps indoors and outdoors applied in spring and previous ant problems have ceased.

• Em Em on Jun 17, 2021

Terro traps take weeks to work. Optigard Gel (found on Amazon) usually works in 24 hours. You place a dot of gel in the path of the ants and they carry the poison to the colony to kill the queen. If you spray them you are only killing the worker ants outside of the colony and the queen will make more. Keep pets and kids away. Only a tiny dot of gel in spots works amazingly fast.

• Mogie Mogie on Jun 17, 2021

We use Terro.

• Dee Dee on Jun 17, 2021

I always use Home Defense. If you know the point of entry try Peppermint essential oil on a cotton ball. They hate peppermint

• Remove any open areas of food in the house that may be enticing them. Spray all windows and doors on outside with an ant spray.

• Betsy Betsy on Jun 17, 2021

Hi Jacqui: Oh, ick :( This is what I used for my ant problem, it may work for you, too.

Make a mix of 1/2 baking soda and 1/2 powdered sugar. Mix well and put around the spots they are in your garden, or inside your home, it's harmless to people and pets. For outside use, you can put it in a bottle, like a pill bottle or something like that. Cut a hole on the edge of the cap, and lay the bottle on it's side so the ants can come in and get the mix. This way, it stays dry if it should rain. They will take it back to the nest and it should kill them. I'd keep it out there all season if you can. The mix makes a gas and the ants can't pass gas, so it kills them. Anything else that eats it will just taste the baking soda and say "Yuck" and walk off. It won't hurt anything that can pass gas, so it's completely safe. It helps to know what type of ant you are trying to get rid of, too. Try this site, scrolling down to see the different types of ants and how to deal with them. https://www.thespruce.com/ant-control-4127879

Good luck.

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Jun 22, 2021

Diatomaceous earth will get rid of them. Sprinkle it around and it will kill them shortly after they come in contact. It is safe for pets & children if you get food grade. Works on all pests with exoskeletons.

• Indoors use Terro liquid bait traps and outdoors use diatomaceous earth. They both work near instantly and the latter is all natural and pet safe.