DIY Garden Mushrooms, Garden Art

$2

I wanted to add some garden art to my garden. My flowers are not all blooming and it just needed some color. I am a neutral girl in my home decorating but love to add color outside. I have wanted to add some character also, and thought these mushrooms could add just that. I shopped my local dollar store for what I would use for the mushroom tops. These plastic bowls were four for a dollar. Very inexpensive and could be painted easily. I already knew what I would add for my stems. I had some birch logs I thought would work perfect. Here are the steps.

These are the bowls. I kept the insides the color they were. Hoping some shows through when sitting in the garden.

I spray painted the outsides with the cement colored paint I had on hand.

I cut some pieces of different lengths off my birch branch. And then screwed through the bottom of the bowl into the branch piece

I made sure and sprayed the completed mushrooms with some outdoor protective spray.

I think they turned out so cute!! Now I want to make more.

Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.More info

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

4 of 11 comments
  • Carole White Carole White on Jul 10, 2021

So stinkin' cute!!!

• Rusty R Kidd Rusty R Kidd on Jul 10, 2021

I try to find the bamboo bowls at the thrift stores. They are nice and smooth to paint for mushroom tops. You can use glass bowls and flower vase as base if you like the crystal look mushrooms.

Next