Fall Pumpkin Wreath W Dollar Store Items

$7

Today I'm sharing my new Fall Wreath I made with Dollar Store items for under $7. I'm not kidding. I made one last year but wanted to make something new, out of the box and different from what I've seen out there and of course "On a budget" too.
I made one last year but wanted to make something new, out of the box and different from what I've seen out there and of course "On a budget" too.
I love the way it turned out and my neighbors and friends can see it from the street too.
I bought these 4 Styrofoam floral wreaths and these 2 orange foam pumpkins at the Dollar Store and knew I had some fun scrap fabric, paint and burlap in my stash I could use.
I painted the orange pumpkins white and it took about 3 coats of craft paint. I even mixed a little ivory into the white. When I was done I dry brushed a little tan in the crevices so it gave them the aged look. Then I put them on a cutting board and cut them with a serrated knife.
Then I pulled out this pretty Ralph Lauren Charlotte fabric out of my stash and cut 2 strips and began wrapping them around the wreaths and using a dab of hot glue here and there.
Then I hot glued the wreaths together.
I then drew free hand on lined paper the letters F A L L in pencil and cut them out.
I then traced them onto the pumpkins and began painting them with chocolate brown.
Once the pumpkins were dry I hot glued them onto the wreaths.
I cut strips of burlap and made them into a great bow. I then cut some very small pieces of the garland to add in behind my bow.
There's my new Fall Pumpkin wreath on budget = total cost to me under $7 because I had the fabric and the burlap. This wreath is part of the Link Party post so come on over to the blog for over 400 more great ideas to look at too. Colors Wreath. Please come on over to the blog as I always have a lot more to share there and you can see last years front porch and wreath too!!!
Thank you so much for stopping by and have a great day, Lisa

ConcordCottage.com with Lisa Walsh Huff Kroll

• Lucille

Does the hot glue hold up in the sun?

• Kathy Shank

I've done other items this way and YES the heat from sun will cause things to slide and always the cold will cause them to pop off, I now use E6000 glue...such a darling idea!

• Slvrsnoozi

Everything's better with E6000!! LOL!

• Susan

When I click on link provided it only takes me to some sort of go daddy domain thing. Can't seem to get to the link provided.

• Mary Ann Sides

How do you wrap the fabric around styrofoam and not see the raw edges?

• Jill Ron Pike

If you look closely, you do see the raw edges, but they are cut very clean and precise. You can fold the raw edge under and press it down using an iron so the fabric looks finished without sewing

• Mary Dizonno

My question is, I create numerous door hangings using a glue gun . Every single one fell apart because of the sun beating on the door. I live in Chicago. So all my hard work came undone. Does this happen to you? If so what do you do?

• Nadine

Use E 6000. I live in hot fl. And it works good

• Mary Dizonno

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

• Literati Lana

I agree. e6000 is a permanent solution. Toss the glue gun!

• Teresa Loerts

Because you use it outside and the "elements" get to it is why they fall apart. I've found that if you use GOOP Marine glue that it repels moisture and the sun's UV rays. Made a wreath out of an old garden hose and used hot glue first and then E6000 both of which fell apart after one season. The marine glue has lasted 2 seasons so far.

• Teresa Loerts

• Mary Dizonno

Thank you so much Teresa! I will try it! :)

• Gum11652410

I tie my wreaths together with dental floss. Also use dental floss when making hair ribbons..very strong and flexible.

• Mary Smith

Link takes me to a Go Daddy page. Is Concord Cottage website no longer available?

• Sandy Adams

What did you put on the backing? Did you use ribbon? Also what did you use to hang it

• Delta Kuhn

I bet you could use a nice coordinating fabric to use to make a hanger type loop. backing would most likely be the fabric she covered the wreaths with.

• Karen K

How much material did it take to make the wreaths?

• Robin Margliano

What size are the pumpkins and wreaths please? Thanks!
    • Delta Kuhn

when I zoomed in on the picture of the wreaths I seen 7 & ?/? x ? & ?/? so when I did a search for foam floral wreaths I found 7.9x1.5-in. at the dollar tree. I bet that is the size she used

• Robin Margliano

We had a craft night, here's how ours turned out!

• Barbara Harvey

Believe I will try this project but make a Christmas wreath. It would be great if we could change the center of the wreath for the season's

• Sophie

Thanks for sharing your idea, I had a great time making this.