Annette Belnap
Annette Belnap
  • American Fork, UT

Free Halloween Gift Bag Printables + Tutorial on How to Print on Bags

These Halloween Gift Bags are so cute and fun to make! I’ll even teach you how to print on the bags if your printer can’t pull through the little ones.
free halloween gift bag printables tutorial on how to print on bags, halloween decorations, seasonal holiday decor
We just add our favorite treats to these bags and take them to neighbors, friends and teachers. They are a cinch to make and so fast. Here you can see the different designs you’ll get:
“Trick or Treat”, “Happy Halloween”, “Boo! To you from our crew” and “Happy Haunting. Now do you want to learn how I figured out how to print on these tiny bags through my old printer?
I tried all sorts of things. Changing my printer settings to envelope, adding in the dimensions of the bag. All that happened was a big messy paper jam. So I decided there had to be a better way. This is what I figured out.
Start out by printing the design on a regular piece of paper. Like this:
Now place the bag on the paper exactly where you want the design to print on the bag and tape it on the top. You can tape it on the bottom if you want but you don’t need to.
Now send it through the printer the same way the original copy came out. Usually upside down.
Next, I used a Hole Punch, Halloween Washi Tape and Baker’s Twine.
I added a mint to these tiny bags, then I folded over the top of the small bags and punched two holes. Then tied the twine through the holes into a bow.
With the large bags I filled them with candy. Folded over the top and used the cute washi tape to seal them shut.
You are done! So simple and cute! Now head over to my blog to get the printables!

Annette Belnap

1 comment
  • Hannah V

These are adorable! I love it with the chevron print and string!