DIY Cement Counter Tops!!!****????///// Don't even think about it!!! Here is our experience.

Difficult, messy beyond belief. More expensive than we thought. Wanted to cry & give up....at one point I hated them, but now, ah....I have to admit, well, you decide... Do they look good? Oh yeah, was it worth it? Yes it was.
diy cement counter tops don t even think about it here is our, concrete masonry, concrete countertops, countertops, Durrock on top of the cabinets forms supports under that Wire to strengthen plastic molds to hold the cement in form an edge Those are snapped off later
Durrock on top of the cabinets, forms & supports under that. Wire to strengthen, plastic molds to hold the cement in & form an edge. Those are snapped off later.
diy cement counter tops don t even think about it here is our, concrete masonry, concrete countertops, countertops, Rent a cement mixer add color cement chemicals that prevent cracking Get someone strong to lug it in in 5 gallon buckets pour it onto the counter Over over again
Rent a cement mixer, add color, cement, & chemicals that prevent cracking. Get someone strong to lug it in in 5 gallon buckets & pour it onto the counter.Over & over again.
diy cement counter tops don t even think about it here is our, concrete masonry, concrete countertops, countertops, Watch it drip down the plastic after you all trowel it smooth an beat it vibrate it with a sander do it some more do it again And again And again
Watch it drip down the plastic after you all trowel it smooth an beat it & vibrate it with a sander, do it some more....do it again! And again!!! And again!
diy cement counter tops don t even think about it here is our, concrete masonry, concrete countertops, countertops, You cannot quit now keep going
You cannot quit now, keep going.
diy cement counter tops don t even think about it here is our, concrete masonry, concrete countertops, countertops, Let the stuff dry hope Now sand for days days hours hours The dust is everywhere even scratching the floor Of course you put plastic down tarps
Let the stuff dry & hope. Now, sand for days & days & hours & hours. The dust is everywhere & even scratching the floor. Of course you put plastic down & tarps.
diy cement counter tops don t even think about it here is our, concrete masonry, concrete countertops, countertops, Put two coats of chemicals on the entire thing to seal it Hope the shine ends up less shinny Get out of the house because the chemical odor is noxious
Put two coats of chemicals on the entire thing to seal it. Hope the shine ends up less shinny. Get out of the house because the chemical odor is noxious.
diy cement counter tops don t even think about it here is our, concrete masonry, concrete countertops, countertops, Wa la bada bing It is a miracle I like it
Wa la, bada bing!! It is a miracle! I like it!
diy cement counter tops don t even think about it here is our, concrete masonry, concrete countertops, countertops, Lovely edge I will never ever do it again I do however like the counters Now I can have the cabinet doors installed drawer fronts attached But that is another post another day
Lovely edge. I will never, ever do it again. I do however like the counters. Now I can have the cabinet doors installed & drawer fronts attached. But that is another post, another day.

• Diana Deiley

Anything worth having is worth the wait! Great job! Definitely a lot of messy work, but BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for sharing your personal experience with this project. Gives us all plenty to think about.

• Diana Deiley

Yup, me again. Even months later I still like what you did. The look is awesome. Keep up the great work.