Pin Cushion Mason Jar Craft

$2

Who doesn't like a good mason jar craft? These little jars are great for the seamstress or crafter in your life and they serve both as a pin cushion, but also as great craft storage!
mason jar craft pin cushion, crafts, mason jars, repurposing upcycling
These would be the most adorable gift to give for the holidays and they are super inexpensive to make!
What you need: Cotton fabric, Aleene's Fabric Fusion, a mason jar, and a needle and thread
Remove Mason jar lid and place it on fabric for tracing – trace a circle around lid making fabric circle at least 1”-1.5” larger (all around) for stuffing and tucking.
With hand sewing needle and thread, hand baste stitch a large and loose stitch close to edge of circle.
Tighten thread a little to create a “pocket” for stuffing and fill it in with soft fiberfill.
Place flat part of Mason jar lid inside this fabric pocket and tighten the fabric by continuing to pull thread. When fabric is tight enough and desired look of “dome” is achieved, tie a sturdy knot in thread and cut. Glue down edges of fabric to the flat center lid piece with Aleene’s® Fabric Fusion.
Add a ribbon in a coordinating color to dress up your finished jar! Our designer made a ribbon using leftover scraps of fabric she had on hand.

To see more: http://www.ilovetocreate.com/Aleenes-Fabric-Fusion-Permanent-Fabric-Adhesive-3

• Ard7370318

I have a couple of these that were made back in the early 1900,s using those old zinc topped mason jars. They were inside of a standing sewing chest I bought for 5 bucks and I love and still use those jars today. I have straight pins in one and buttons in the other one but having a pin cushion would sure come in handy when I'm sewing. This idea is something that will never go out of style as long as there are buttons that need to be put back on DIY projects or small mending jobs to do.

• Sco19943475

Such cute and easy idea. I plan to make some fo Christmas gifts. Could fill with candy too.